Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TF Animated Ep16 - Megatron Rising part 2

I also liked how Prowl got Bumblebee to use his "obnoxious personality" to taunt Blitzwing. 90% of a fight is psychological. It also reminds me of our friendly neighbourhood Spiderman (and I thought that the movies didn't portray that aspect of Spiderman well enough).

Did anyone else find Megatron's voice kinda muffled? I know that he's been talking like that throughout the series - but I thought it was because he'd been a head hooked up to small speakers etc. Was it that muffled in the pilot? Corey Burton does a great job in doing Megatron's voice but I find that the sound editors make it sound too soft... I was hoping that after being restored that it would be louder. All the other TFs have louder voices. :/ And I don't mean loud in terms of sheer volume, I mean in terms of clarity and audibility.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    animated is really visually pleasing, i dunt think there is a shot that isnt enjoyable or isnt relevant
    Agreed.

There wern't really any glaring animation errors unlike past hand drawn cartoons. Everything seemed to stay within scale and colour.

Gok, I think they were going for "sinister".
    ________
    Marijuana Pictures
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:02 AM.

I think Burton is doing the 'sinister' thing well by giving Megatron that "sophisticated/civilised" villain voice that we've seen in other TF villains like G1 Shockwave and BW/BM Megatron but I think the sound editors kinda spoiled it by muffling the voice and making it less audible.

I kind of like Megatron's subtle but Cerebral tone of voice. Its kind of like Dr Doom or other cool thinking villains.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Great episode! Megatron is awesome!! I loved Prowl's line too!

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    I kind of like Megatron's subtle but Cerebral tone of voice. Its kind of like Dr Doom or other cool thinking villains.
    Yeah, but Doom wears a mask. I liked Megatron's muffled voice when he was a dismembered head (it just dawned on me that it could be seen as a G1 tribute to good ol' Straxus!!), especially when he was speaking internally to Soundwave and Lugnut... but I'm not liking it as much now that he's been restored.

It was not as strong as part 1, but it was still a pretty good episode.

If you ignore the plothole of how Ratchet unfroze and got to the Ark so quick, it was a fairly solid episode, effectively putting everything back to episode 1, which should provide a kind of false sense of security for when the Cybertronian Guard arrives next episode.

Ratchet really stood out in this episode, although Prowl had the best line, and even Bulkhead was awesome in his fight with Lugnutz. Starscream helped show us that Animated Megatron wont tolerate crap, he was ruthless with Screamer!

The voice acting has been brilliant, Blitzwing is great, he isn't 3 different characters, just 3 persona's of the one character, which is portrayed very well. Burton does an excellent job as Megatron too.

Black Arachnia being a means of transport to get Sarri to the Ark was a little 'meh', but what was interesting was her saying that her Organics would not allow her to reach the Ark underwater, which I took as meaning that she must have to breathe...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    The voice acting has been brilliant, Blitzwing is great, he isn't 3 different characters, just 3 persona's of the one character, which is portrayed very well. Burton does an excellent job as Megatron too.
    Yeah, that was one of the many reasons why I hate the Robots In Disguise dub. In Car Robot, Gigatron is like Blitzwing, with six (and later 10) different personas depending on which mode he was in (Giga-Dragon was my favourite persona ) but I found that with RiD Megatron that aspect was utterly lost.

If you ignore the plothole of how Ratchet unfroze and got to the Ark so quick
    I assumed that shortly after the Decepticons flew off with his hand (and the key) that he broke himself out of the ice and made haste for the Ark - but that was merely not shown. It would be a neat idea for a Mosaic though!

Black Arachnia being a means of transport to get Sarri to the Ark was a little 'meh', but what was interesting was her saying that her Organics would not allow her to reach the Ark underwater, which I took as meaning that she must have to breathe...
    Yes, I did like how it was a revision of the technorganic concept from Beast Machines

I personally didn't like it.

My largest gripe was Ratchet being apologetic to Sari about losing the key. At first I hoped it was joke but as it wore on, he was actually serious. Ok, this may be a kid's show but would she have survived Lugnut and Blitzwing? I sincerely doubt it. The whole righteous belching and screaming really pissed me off to no end. And, the worst part, she ends up with it again. It took away my enjoyment of most of the episode despite the fact there were very good moments.

Great moments:
    - Everytime I see the Ark now, my brain screams: Omega Supreme! I WANT!
    - Optimus apologising was inevitable but always good to see.
    - Prowl using BB's attitude to their advantage
    - Bulkhead/Lugnut combat scene
    - Bitzwing: i like the character and variation on the triple changer idea
    - Blackarachnia getting rolled. Though I would've liked to have seen her have a more substantial part
    - The G1 reference w/ the Ark
    - The impending answer to who or what is Sari.
    - Starscream not getting off the hook
    - Most importantly: how the Autobots have their backs to the wall. I've never quite felt intrigued by it as in this series. I've always known the Autobots will triumph in any given story but here I really am kept in suspense of how the Autobots will prevail. They're just so outclassed and outmuscled that it keeps me interested to see how they find an avenue to Victory. Here, they really scraped over the line and I thoroughly enjoyed that aspect of it. It really rallies you behind them.

Another gripe I had was the whole mighty morphin' power rangers moment when Optimus changes to battlemode and has all those lines and colours blasting around him. It was a small thing though.

The lack of the Dinobots made me wonder. What was the point of showing them last episode then? Other than to underline Prowl's breach of Prime's orders? Not much.

MV75 wasn't alone in thinking if Sundac was indeed disabled after the explosion b/c i was asking myself the same question. It was just the way the scene was done and the way Megs said it that suggested it.

Oh, and what was Prowl's one-liner? I can't remember it but I know he said something

i like how the cartoon provided a reason for professor sumac and sari to appear in season two, both with really interesting roles for season 2
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion