Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember when...

RE: Classics Swoop
    What Seraphim said. Also, Classics Swoop has made a canonical appearance in that Mini-Con form meaning that he has officially become a Mini-Con in Classics lore. Gipped!

I don't recall what my first thoughts about classics were. I would have seen the news and pics on here but it hasn't really stuck in my memory other than being excited about the return of triple changers in the form of Astrotrain.

I remember being one of the first to find the figures in Melb, finding and buying Rodimus at David Jones on the spot instead of waiting for the sale starting in a few days. And I clearly recall the trouble I had getting Grimlock around Christmas time and the impossible to find Jetfire which Iceburn helped me out with (when I first met Iceburn too if I recall).

I do recall seeing the first pictures from SDCC of the new classics and being very excited about Sunstreaker/Sideswipe but confused by Tankor (as they had pictures of real vehicles on the slide with a drawing of the robot mode).

Awesome to read everyone's recollections..

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I do recall seeing the first pictures from SDCC of the new classics and being very excited about Sunstreaker/Sideswipe but confused by Tankor (as they had pictures of real vehicles on the slide with a drawing of the robot mode).
    Do you know anywhere online with those images still? :O

Cause the Sunstreaker Sideswipe concept ones look great and I'm so curious

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

These aren't first images, but there's some cool pics at these links:

Interview with Alex Kubalsky

Alex Kubalsky Site (No surprise he was responsible for the excellent Universe/Henkei Hound & Ravage)

Grimlock sketches

I've got the Tankor photo saved somewhere. I'll dig it up

I reccon those tankor pics came out just after i got into collecting, must have been around 2006/ 2007.

I first saw Hotrod and Starscream at retail but wasnt interested initially. It was only down the track that i got interested. I Bought classics Bumblebee of an Ozformers member (Cant remember who) who was my first figure of that line.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

I believe these are the pics you guys are talking about -

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Yes that's the Octane pic I meant.

Octane sure went through some radical changes. Too bad we didn't get something closer to that concept pic.

I am curious, I wasnt an active community member before classics and from my perspective they appeared out of thin air as i first learned of them when i first saw them at Target.

Was there a 'built up' to classic with news, announcements and concept art as we currently get for new toys or did Classics just suddenly happen?

I don't remember it too well, but I do remember the first talks being of a filler line between the end of Cybertron and the first Transformers movie which would revisit classic characters with modern technology. I don't remember what was revealed when though.