Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC - 2012 - TF News

Erm, so are the wreckers Decepticons now, or is Ruination an Autobot?

New faction symbols for the Dark Energon toys? Crazy!

Yay for Voyager Grimlock. - Looks like he has electronics in his dino noggin for flaming. Big torso that has no waist movement as well.

Please, please, please more dinos!
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 13th July 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Interesting stuff there. Can't wait for better pictures.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Those Dark Energon toys look so good. Slicer!!!

The Wreckers look alright, but they seem to really like orange. I've already pre-ordered G2 Bruticus but I'll totally get Impactor and Whirl as well.

Want Not-Slicer, Powerdrive, and G2 Bruticus.
    There are some sweet offerings there: nice job @ HasTak.

Hurrah for Grimmy, let's hope they release the rest of the dinos!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    - First Edition back on US shelves in November
    Like I said. Hopefully I'll never have to read another person whinging about the lack of First Edition toys in the US ever again.

FoC Grimlock looks rather good, but I am in undying love with FoC Voyager Soundwave & his Data-Disk Minions; I happened to notice on their packaging slides from the Hasbro Panel that the Minions are depicted in very G1 Boxart-esque poses, along with a rather G1-invoking Tech Spec!

The Blaster Retool/Repaint is also quite good TBH, the Head & Chest remolding coupled with a very G1-looking Rifle really help to sell the figure ; The Wreckers look acceptable individually, but I'm afraid the 'Ruination' combined mode is rather "Meh..." IMO.

It was great to see some up-close photos of the "Not-So" Asian Exclusive Generations figures, of whom many are rather boring ; Powerdive & Hotspot however look utterly fantastic, so I too really hope that TRU AU is able to pickup this line even if they just aim for the Voyagers.

The "Dark Energon" figures seem to be Hasbro's 'Shattered Glass' to me, Megatron looks quite intriguing but again as most are repaints the word "Meh" springs to mind again.

Also clearly on show is Hasbro's Rep's apparent complete lack of experience with their own product, immediately giving the impression that these are "Kids Toys"; I feel that if the Reps from Neca or even Mattel were given 5 seconds with these Transformers, that they'd have them properly transformed and dynamically posed to the point where they might actually garner some Mature attention from various non-TF focused Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post

The Wreckers look alright, but they seem to really like orange.
    Thinkin' about it a bit and I guess the orange is a homage to... well, Ruination. The Commandos all had Orange on them as well. That's a weird dual homage!

Oh and I didn't know Hot Spot had a new head on him as well. NOW they should redeco him as Pyro.
    Last edited by Quickstrike; 14th July 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Technically the Wreckers could be the 4th version of the mould

1 - SDCC
    2 - Standard Release
    3 - G2
    4 - Wreckers

20 something figures.....and if your like me thinking of an extra set to display in robot mode and bruticus mode.........thats alot.
    The standard release has not even hit the shelves, and yet they've managed to dish out three repaints to bring our wallets to ruination. Pre-ordered G2 and looks like I'll be going for the Wreckers as well - head sculpts look good. Looking forward to an updated photo of that limb configuration, preferably by a photographer who's reading the instructions properly. Roadbuster needs more orange IMO

I honestly dare them to whip out Battle Gaia and Nexus Prime (Maximus) as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    The Blaster Retool/Repaint is also quite good TBH, the Head & Chest remolding coupled with a very G1-looking Rifle really help to sell the figure ;
    Really dig this retool. Love the Marvel comic inspired head! Can't help feeling that his blaster looks like its only half the size it should be. Also really awesome that he's being released as a Voyager, which means he and Voyager Grimlock can duke it out on the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    The "Dark Energon" figures seem to be Hasbro's 'Shattered Glass' to me, Megatron looks quite intriguing but again as most are repaints the word "Meh" springs to mind again.
    ... Dark Energon Starscream looks uncomfortably feminine...