Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaw-dropping sale of TF5 toys at BigW.

Was at Eastland last night. They had Voyager boxes in plastic on the pallets so will go again tonight.

Will go to Doncaster again, Eastland and Lilydale tonight today and see if anything else is out there.

For the turbo changers I saw drift,scorn,cogman and bumblebee. Has anyone seen any other characters?

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I picked up 1x Nitro Zeus and 2x Scorn from Big W Tuggeranong yesterday afternoon. They weren't displayed yet and were out the back. The bloke said they arrived yesterday. They scanned in at $10, so I can only assume that the original catalogue got the deluxe and voyager prices mixed
    The website prices are updated to the sale prices today (and I presume in store too). $5 Voyagers for everybody!

The deluxes at the store I just popped into were Drift, the scooter, Steelbane and Slug(?). I don't know, I didn't really follow this line at the time.

But that is more of an aside, I'm really posting because the two voyagers were plentiful on the shelves but someone had to look out back for the deluxes so don't assume they're gone if you find one and not the other.

Finally, just messing around with Steelbane's robot wish I'd looked up reviews for him. If it is this fiddly keeping it in hand, I dread the transformation.

No voyagers whatsoever at Karingal (Vic). They say they haven’t got them in yet.

Deluxes on shelf, some waiting to be unpacked.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Doncaster no voyagers left. Some Squeeks and Steelbane. Looks like the price jackers won that round.

Wife is at Eastland. Nothing but a few Scorn, Bumblebee, 2 Cogman and she got the last Drift. Cleaned out of Voyagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Doncaster no voyagers left. Some Squeeks and Steelbane. Looks like the price jackers won that round.
    Damn, I expect to see $60 voyagers on eBay

I guess I'll check out Macquarie on my way home tonight, I don't have high hopes, they are usually either slow putting out product like this or cleaned out.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Had an interesting convo with a manager at another Big W this evening (not the one I was at earlier). It would seem their store got a huge amount of new toys to sell in a very short period of time, meaning they not only don’t have room for it on the shop floor, and they can’t even get to all the pallets of toys they have out the back, let alone unpacking them all. She was aware of where the TLK deluxes were but not the voyagers, and neither had made it to the shelves yet.

If this pattern is similar at other stores, that *might* mean that scalpers (or frugal shoppers like me!) didn’t necessarily get everything we were hunting for on day one. It may still pay to call (or call in to) your local stores over the next few days and ask about the catalogue items.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!