Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Movies Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I await to hear the reaction of those who read the book to how well the movie was adapted. I will read the books when I get them. From the reception of the movie afterwards, I think it was pretty faithful to the book. And I thought I recognised a bit of the scenery, parts of it were filmed up in the Blue Mountains
    Look out for Tommy K in the sequel
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I'm going to see Four Lions tonight.

It looks quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGk2TojOd-4

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Priest trailer. Looks good.
    Reminds me of Judge Dredd. It looks like it has a Mega City, it has Lawmaster-like motor cycles, it has a cursed earth with mutants, and it has an exiled main character whom fits the profile of Dredd in at least one of his stories when he goes into self-exile (comics wise).
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    Reminds me of Judge Dredd. It looks like it has a Mega City, it has Lawmaster-like motor cycles, it has a cursed earth with mutants, and it has an exiled main character whom fits the profile of Dredd in at least one of his stories when he goes into self-exile (comics wise).
    Speaking of Judge Dredd, they are doing a new one called simply Dredd. Seems like they are going to do it right this time.

I have to admit I didn't think the Stallone Judge Dredd movie was that bad. It's one of the only movies with Rob Schneider in it that isn't complete crap lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Priest trailer. Looks good.
    Hey, I thought this got canned. Having read the graphic novels, and enjoyed them thoroughly, this actually looks TERRIBLE. As in TERRIBLY UNRELATED. AARRGH

I mean, it's not very faithful to the source material at all. I'd go into detail, but the list of things that are kept the same is two items long.

Seriously, I'm not sure how they translated a weird western with zombies and mutated fallen angels into cyberpunk with vampire hunters. Maybe it was just too much effort for the screenwriters? That is, too much effort to actually, I don't know, READ the BOOKS?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Speaking of Judge Dredd, they are doing a new one called simply Dredd. Seems like they are going to do it right this time.
    Yeah, scheduled release 2012 according to IMDB. It looks like it has Casandra Anderson from Psi Division as a main character instead of Hershey this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Tron
    I have to admit I didn't think the Stallone Judge Dredd movie was that bad. It's one of the only movies with Rob Schneider in it that isn't complete crap lol.
    I too also didn't mind the film adaption of Judge Dredd as it could have been much worse.

Ultimately I think there is a plethora of other stories from 2000 AD besides Judge Dredd that could be made into films, such as Button Man which is also written by John Wagner and was illustrated by my favorite comic book artist Arthur Ranson.
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

I like the Stallone Dredd film as well, but it could have been better. And I did see that Anderson is a main character this time, but don't trust IMDB's release date info, they are not the most reliable source sometimes

I fell asleep in the cinemas watching Judge Dredd I remember the staff waking me up at the end of the film when they started cleaning the cinema.

I tried watching it again years later and guess what... I fell asleep again. Certain movies seem to have that affect on me
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]