View Poll Results: GEN VOY Blitzwing - worth buying?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 45.95%
  • Only if...

13 35.14%
  • Not worth it

6 16.22%
  • I'm not even interested

1 2.70%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations VOY Blitzwing

that's cool.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Just pulled it out of the box - Not transformed yet but first impressions aren't good, bad enough that I needed to say something right away

Edit: ok, growing on me. I can appreciate it more now but geez, it seems we have gotten a Beta release than a final product. So many unnecessary flaws.
    Last edited by kup; 13th June 2013 at 09:12 PM.

I had a look at mine, and I give the designer credit for an ambitious design, and there is quite a bit to like here, but man those shoulders........

For one thing it's probably not a good design choice, for two Hasbro's new cheaper than cheap plastic make them even more nonviable. The plastic they use for the bottom of the tank turret is even crappier than normal, it seems to even warp a bit making the shoulder transformation just not work period. Surely a nice solid piece of plastic would have really helped the shoulder issue a bit.

If this is the norm for Hasbro plastic now, no wonder third parties cost so much using proper stuff.

Anyway, while I have issue with both alt modes, I can accept them given the difficulties of designing Decepticon Triple Changer toys, but the shoulders really bug me and ruin my enjoyment a bit of what should have been the toys best mode.

The shoulders... they're just awful. Haven't seen shoulders so badly done since Movie Deluxe Brawl. This toy makes MP Lambor's shoulders look good! I also found the jet mode tricky to form because of the tabs - and the overall look of the alt modes were somewhat disappointing; though it is conceptually challenging. The legs lack any knee articulation, so Blitzwing can only walk around by goose-stepping. :/ The head on mine doesn't like to stay locked in when transforming to alt modes. I quite like the design of the weapons, especially the sword and cannon with its recoiling firing gimmick.

By no means pay above RRP for this toy.

He does have knees it's just between them being on the same joint with the wings on the back of the legs and the knee joints being painted, they are uber stiff.

Forgot to mention in my review, his sword is a very nice upgrade to the G1 sword. One of the best weapon homages.

Gok in tank mode the hands are supposed to face inwards(towards the barrel of the cannon), though i actually prefer it the way you have it.

There is a fix for Blitzwing, which fixes the shoulders quite well.

From TFW2005

It's really easy to do, and works well.

Think im going to try this on the weekend

I think you've mistransformed the tank mode there a bit Gok. The arms which form the cockpit for the tank turret isn't supposedly facing down but towards the turret. Although I myself prefer that look, looks futuristic modern.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Looking at the pics on the link I provided above, I only shaved from the top portion of the front half (the second pic, shaving more from the top than the bottom). I didn't need to touch the lower set of screw holes.