View Poll Results: MP19 Smokescreen - worth buying?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 93.55%
  • No

0 0%
  • Only if

1 3.23%
  • Zero Interest

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP-19 Masterpiece Smokescreen

i quite like lancalot's mesh mod - looks great and fills the gap nicely

given i'm new to collecting and it's my 3rd MP in 3 months i'm really enjoying it. The articulation is great and i'm loving how the ankle joints move

i think this guy will live at my work desk when i get back into the office next year

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Still waiting for mine to arrive..
    Same here. Judging from the coins that people are posting w/ their MP Smokescreens, it appears that the Asian version has come out a bit earlier than the Japanese version.

Weeeeeeee!!! he has arrived... and I thought Id have to wait a week more, good ol postie comes when no one's in the house heheheh

I like his car mode better than his robot mode for some reason heheheh.... but, for space saving measures, he stays in bot mode for display...

@Gok, so the Jap version doesn't have coins?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    @Gok, so the Jap version doesn't have coins?
    Nope. That seems to be a Sinophone market exclusive thing. The coins don't personally interest me all that much TBH.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nope. That seems to be a Sinophone market exclusive thing. The coins don't personally interest me all that much TBH.
    Same here, anything that would make this cost less, I will go for it.

I like this best because of the colour scheme. Amazing how some colour can make all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Same here, anything that would make this cost less, I will go for it.
    Are they actually charging extra for the coin or is it a free bonus item? Just outta curiosity, what's the preorder and standard retail price for Sinophone (Asian) market MP Smokescreen? I'm just asking to compare it with TakaraTOMY's price to see how much extra is being charged for the coin (if any). TakaraTOMY's RRP for MP Smokescreen is ¥6825 ($74), and Amazon JP's preorder price is ¥4963 ($53).

Hey lancalot, you might like to correct some of MP Smokescreen's info on post #1. (I've made similar mistakes from copying/pasting from previous threads too )
    Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Toy Review - Streak
    Approximate Retail Price - 6090Y - $50-70AU (depending on where and when you bought)
    Alt-mode - Datsun Fairlady 280ZX Turbo
    Somewhat interesting to note that Smokescreen's RRP is 735JPY dearer than Prowl and Bluestreak. I'm guessing the additional $7.90 is for the launchers.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I wouldn't think the extra weapons alone is the cost, might be the paint, and the extra body skirtings. I would thing G2 sideswipe would be in the same ballpark?

In the end, it is about $10-$15 more for the coin but for those who get the launchers might be worth it. It didn't bothered me in my case. I am happy to pay under the 6000 yen ballpark shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I would thing G2 sideswipe would be in the same ballpark?
    Yeah, both MP G2 Lambor and Smokescreen are the same standard price, so I guess the extra $7.50 must be for the additional retooling. I'm assuming the Nissan heads are all gang moulded together, so probably for the launchers, fender and spoiler for Smokescreen; and the spiked tyres and weapons for G2 Lambor.

Transform and roll out

Smokescreen looks stunning a great paintjob on him and he really looks unique of the 3 datsuns. Originally I was just going to buy only Prowl and Bluestreak but he just looks fantastic in both modes. Can't wait till Ultra Magnus comes out since I have plenty of cars to load into him now.