Page 748 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 728738743744745746747748749750751752753758768 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,480 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I haven't counted since I was a kid, back then (early to mid nineties) I had over 100 G1 toys largely paid for by a paper round. I counted each character. but not the combiner.

I couldn't be bothered counting these days, its probably over 1000, i'm not sure. I have a lot of alternators/binaltechs, a lot of classics/generations, nearly all of animated, at least one version of most of the movie characters and toys, a massive amount of Prime toys. I just couldn't be bothered. I have trouble finding time to open new transformers, let alone count them.
    Heh - Im the same. Ive always got a backlog of toys waiting to be opened. I update my list every few months but then have to look at old photos to remember what I got in that time period

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    ...snip I have trouble finding time to open new transformers, let alone count them.
    I hear you there brother...3 kids sees to time to self = 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    I hear you there brother...3 kids sees to time to self = 0
    I don't know what I'm going to do if I'm ever lucky enough to have kids...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Since finding out about the Chinese Re-issues I feel that I have been ripped off by a toy dealer (who probably knew) that sold me a MISB Cyclonus and MISB Ramjet back in the early 2000's as Vintage for about 5 times (each) what Sinnertwin said he paid for his Ramjet The Chinese stickers must have been removed because I definitely didn't see them on them...Ah to be naive and gullible.
    When I first started collecting I purchased a MIB G1 Prowl with prowl still sealed to the bubble - only when I got it the home I found someone had just put a classics gold boxed prowl inside the original G1 box. Not that i'm still bitter about it or anything

There are plenty of these Chinese issues floating around in Australia - always check the manufactures stamp - if the country of original is covered over its a giveaway. The boxes are easy tells from the front (grey border is usually different) and the back - copyright blanked over as in your example.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    When I first started collecting I purchased a MIB G1 Prowl with prowl still sealed to the bubble - only when I got it the home I found someone had just put a classics gold boxed prowl inside the original G1 box. Not that i'm still bitter about it or anything

There are plenty of these Chinese issues floating around in Australia - always check the manufactures stamp - if the country of original is covered over its a giveaway. The boxes are easy tells from the front (grey border is usually different) and the back - copyright blanked over as in your example.
    I would of been really annoyed about that too, and you have every right to be bitter! Luckily it was at least still a toy made by Hasbro. I shudder to think how many unsuspecting people have purchased for top dollar KO transformers shoved in genuine G1 boxes

Sorry for the late reply, Ravagecat i managed to find Ramjet, along with a few others & had a good look. You've covered the copyright stamping & notice ( Ramjet's reads: ©1985 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. , Pawtucket R.I. 02861 USA All rights reserved.) which are identical & 5FDP's supplied a photo of the stickers, but the one thing that i found really odd is that none of the G1 figures i purchased in the 90's have these stickers on them. They were purchased from about 4 or 5 different sources, so it does look like the retailers must of peeled them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, Ravagecat i managed to find Ramjet, along with a few others & had a good look. You've covered the copyright stamping & notice ( Ramjet's reads: ©1985 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. , Pawtucket R.I. 02861 USA All rights reserved.) which are identical & 5FDP's supplied a photo of the stickers, but the one thing that i found really odd is that none of the G1 figures i purchased in the 90's have these stickers on them. They were purchased from about 4 or 5 different sources, so it does look like the retailers must of peeled them off.
    No problem ST, so can I confirm on your actual toy of Ramjet that he has the straight edge Large Decepticon logos and the copyright stamp on the outside of his leg has the Takara Japan part blocked over?

...and does anyone know if the purpose of these re-issues <cough> was just Hasbro wanting to get more Transformers out there but were able to get them made cheaper in China?? They're not KO's right?
    What I'm gathering is that they are legit and they started off using the original G1 boxes (with modifications) then that lead them to changing to the Gold box versions right?? Any info from more knowledgeable bots would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'm pretty sure they were shipped to Australia without the stickers.

...and does anyone know if the purpose of these re-issues <cough> was just Hasbro wanting to get more Transformers out there but were able to get them made cheaper in China?? They're not KO's right?
    Their not KO's but the price between them and 'real' G1's is significant. Personally if I ever come across one I try and move it on as soon as possible.

Personally I'd be happy to get a Chinese reissue TF as they are legit, but only if it's labeled as a Chinese reissue and the seller isn't trying to pass it off as the original western release version.