Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BW Megaton TM2 Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Please stop making me regret it even more

Off to ebay
    Same as SMHFConvoy, as a kid I found a big pile of them going cheap at Uncle Pete's Castle Hill. I think they only ever got Megatron, because I don't remember ever seeing Tigerhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    To be fair, Goktimus is in Sydney, so they don't have Toyworlds... which is where most of the stock ended up on clearance (like a lot of old excess stock over the years - which the Reject Shop now seems to be the preferred outlet).
    I'm in Sydney and while we don't have toyworld we had uncle pete's which is where I found my tm2 megs

I always heard of other people sighting and getting the Ultra TM2s in Sydney, but I never found them. And the sightings were often 'short lived,' i.e. someone would say that they found a toy somewhere, but then later someone else would report that it was sold out soon after. So they weren't exactly shelf warming, according to reports. I spent about a freakin' year searching everywhere for the Ultra TM2s in Sydney, and never could find them. I'd often zip over to place where someone reported seeing it, but by the time I got there they'd be gone. It was just massively aggravating. Fortunately for me, Hasbro USA heard about my woes and graciously sent me both toys for free.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I'm in Sydney and while we don't have toyworld we had uncle pete's which is where I found my tm2 megs
    That's why I said "most" of the stock.

Its true both of those ultras were impossible to find. At the time they were meant to be out. I even called Hasbro asking if we are getting them here. They said no. So I imported them. Much later Megs showed up at Toy World for $20. Never saw a Tigerhawlk though.

I still would count them as rare. Megs never got released like he should have.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I always heard of other people sighting and getting the Ultra TM2s in Sydney, but I never found them. And the sightings were often 'short lived,' i.e. someone would say that they found a toy somewhere, but then later someone else would report that it was sold out soon after. So they weren't exactly shelf warming, according to reports. I spent about a freakin' year searching everywhere for the Ultra TM2s in Sydney, and never could find them. I'd often zip over to place where someone reported seeing it, but by the time I got there they'd be gone. It was just massively aggravating. Fortunately for me, Hasbro USA heard about my woes and graciously sent me both toys for free.
    I found Megatron in Wollongong, but I never found Tigerhawk no matter how hard I looked for. I ended up buy Tigerhawk on eBay a few years later.

Another Sydney-sider and never saw either TM2 Megs or Tigerhawk, and I was on the hunt for them as well at the time!

I did manage to pick up a couple of the Beast Machines black recolour/mold of Tigerhawk, but never the original until only recently -- and at one hell of an inflated price!

I'm really hoping there'll be a re-release with the 20th anniversary of BW next year!

Never saw TM2 Megs in Canberra & I snatched up every Beast Wars figure I could when they were released. I have Megs towering over Cybertron (Primus in planet mode), He looks quite intimidating!