Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Optimus in Evangelion colours

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    NERV.
    From the German for, well, 'nerve'.
    what-ev-ah....

looks abit like a SG optimus .... if they did another mp10 redeco...I still get him...he awesome ...

This is something I never thought I'd see, Transformers and the anime that started it all for me! It's going to be pricey but I think I need it in my life.

Article at ANN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...lion-crossover

I'm an Eva fan as well, and I'd like to take a look at any media associated with this crossover, but I don't see myself buying a recoloured MP10.

A lot of the Japanese tweets on the source link aren't very optimistic. I like the one post speaking as Optimus Prime in Ikari Shinji's voice...
    コ・・・コンボイしれぇ
    Kinda translates as "O---Optimus Pruuuhhh!!" (in Shinji's whiny voice )

Transformers will pollute Evangelion like Bardiel in Unit-03. I'm assuming and hoping it's just a text crossover with Eva-coloured Transformers toys, or only Prime.

I'm no fan of the series, but those colours do look nice.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Transformers will pollute Evangelion like Bardiel in Unit-03. I'm assuming and hoping it's just a text crossover with Eva-coloured Transformers toys, or only Prime.
    I have some bad news for you about the purity of Evangelion, hey...

I'd say you're pretty safe re. just the text crossover/Eva-coloured TFs thing, though. Text stories and toy recolours are pretty cheap, but a TV series/movie is a bit more expensive. At most there'd be a radio series IMO.

Anyway, after some thought I am now all on board for this project. I can just see it now...(Eva spoilers - watch said spoilers in quotes please people)
    And seriously, if you haven't seen Evangelion yet don't read the following, and give it a try. It's pretty damn good.

Optimus Prime has been mortally wounded by an Angel. Being a Japanese TF series, only one thing can save him now!

Optimus: Oh no! I've been mortally wounded by an Angel!
    Only the hope and laughter of innocent children can save me now!

*Optimus dies*

.................................................. .............................................

The valiant (G1, presumably cartoon-based) Autobots are courageously firing away at the 3rd Angel. An assortment of UN Generals are watching from NERV HQ.

UN General #1: Their weapons are having no effect!
    UN General #2: Well, it's not like they're actually hitting it...those Autobots sure have terrible aim.

.................................................. .......................

3rd Impact is beginning a la End of Evangelion. Just as Shinji is starting to go nuts, a deep, compassionate voice can be heard Obi-Wan Kenobi A New Hope-style...
    Optimus: Hold onto your dreams, Shinji. The future is built on dreams.
    Shinji: ... Thanks, Optimus!

Shinji: I hate myself and wish everyone would just die.

*Second Impact occurs, everyone dies.*

Etc. Etc.

A translation of the magazine article describes a crossover story, but no suggestion of toys... but even if there is a comic done (in Japan), it is going to spawn demands for toys if there are any new decos.

The Angels are invading. Breaking a long silence, the mysterious life-forms known as the Angels suddenly appear. The weapons the UN forces gather together in retaliation can't even scratch them. In the end, they turn to the secret agency, NERV, to manage the anti-Angel strategy.

With Neo-Tokyo 3 in their sights, the Angels slowly advance upon the city...but suddenly a spaceship comes hurtling down from the sky above the Angels: the Sky Lynx! Out of the ship emerges warriors of the far-off planet Cybertron. They've come to investigate after noticing an unusual energy reading.

"We can't let a disaster like the Second Impact occur on this planet."
    "What?! What are these monsters?!"

The shocked Cybertron team sets its sights on an enemy much bigger than themselves.

Grasshopper-san pretty much clarified why the the TF and Eva concepts dont really work well together. Evangelion operate using an external power supply that looks like a giant power plug attached to the Eva., once severed their internal power supply they can operate for 5 minutes. Transformers operate using energon and free to la-di-da for longer periods. The way to combat an angel is to process an AT field which I think cancels an opponent angel's AT field at close combat. This would have to suggest if Transformers are to fight the angels they would have to an angels themselves

The two series are quite different in terms of violence and realism. In the TF cartoon and comics you don't see dead bodies and graphic violence. Things are rarely destroyed and there is not much tactical strategy in fighting. Eva. is definitely for a mature audiences and there definitely alot of adult themes.
    Transformers I think could work out as supporting units for NERV to fight the angels. We usually see tanks/aircraft getting one shot so TFs should stand up to some punishment.

I think this is a great opportunity for something big, I love how many different stories are told in the franchise, there is something for everyone's' taste.

I wrote something about it here
    http://burntrolls.blogspot.com.au/20...lt-is-not.html
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion