Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars wave 1 toys official images

The robot modes look pretty nice in the packaging, but the jet modes are terrible, Alpha Bravo the fake Arielbot ends up with the best alt mode, natch.

The Stunticon has a far better looking alt mode, but a lackluster robot mode.

It looks like Skydive, is mistransformed in altmode, going to assume the wings/shoulders slide back.

My excitement for the Aerialbots is waning somewhat. I cannot get over how lack luster the alt modes are. Guessing all the magic is in the combined mode though.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Those jet modes sure so have a lot of exposed limbs. But the Aerialbot robot modes look great.

That'll be what that "look at the back" call out is all about, based on what we saw of the back of the voyager boxes previously. Not enough room for it with the multilingual packaging.
    Yep. The Aerialbots have that yellow "Combine to form" stickers.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Silverbolt's kibble is awful. Prime is underwhelming also - given that he's not combining I'd expect better.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I think the main source of lackluster alt modes is the absence of Air Raid, who has the best alt mode (he's in the second wave)

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Silverbolt's kibble is awful. Prime is underwhelming also - given that he's not combining I'd expect better.
    Optimus does combine. He officially combines with the whole first wave.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'm curious about the use of additional pieces forming the hands and feet. Do people feel it's a step backwards? Or just a necessary evil?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

The packaging looks VERY nice, hoping we'll get to see them on shelves here

The obvious combiner ports in all the limb-bot's chests is a little disappointing as are the vehicle modes of all the wave 1 aerialbots (excluding A.B)

Will probably still Pick up all of them except for Optimus

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I'm curious about the use of additional pieces forming the hands and feet. Do people feel it's a step backwards? Or just a necessary evil?
    Personally I see it as a step backwards, it shouldn't be THAT hard to build the appendages into the limb-bots. I can see why they did it I guess but I still think it's a pretty silly idea.

That Silverbolt looks like absolute garbage, which to be fair is hard to hold against it because every attempt at a Silverbolt ever (including TFC's third party attempt for the Uranos combiner) has amounted to a robot really obviously squatting under a model plane.

Firefly looks decent - the really obvious arms are probably helped by the fact that the white on them blends with the background and the wings. The painted on canopy is getting me down though.

Skydive looks pants. Really poor effort.

Alpha Bravo actually looks really really good but I'd be more tempted by the obvious Blades/Vortex redeco.

Dragstrip looks decent, and is obviously mistransformed (shoulders should be higher).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    That Silverbolt looks like absolute garbage.
    I'm with you there as far as the alt mode is concerned. I know it's a curse being a concorde, robot AND the centerpiece of a combiner but with the promising work they did with the triple changers I expected better.

The others I can deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    T
    Personally I see it as a step backwards, it shouldn't be THAT hard to build the appendages into the limb-bots. I can see why they did it I guess but I still think it's a pretty silly idea.
    I personally prefer separate appendages if it gives the alt and bot modes of the limb-bots better form and function and the combine bot better stability. It can't be fun trying to hide a giant fist or foot into a transforming robot and they seem to have a hard enough time giving us decent fists and feet for our 'regular' toys.