Page 27 of 120 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

While updating the 2013 checklist, I just found out that there were actually two pairs of non-convertible TFPrime toys (Bumblebee & Optimus).
    A 12 inch version of each for $10 each, and a 16 inch version of each as a TRU exclusive for $25 each.
    The sculpting is very similar between each size, but there are some missing paint apps on the smaller pair. I bought the smaller pair from Amazon, without even realising that the pair I saw at TRU in America last June was a different pair.
    Paulbot even sighted them in December at a Toyworld, but since they were AU$21, it is likely the small pair.
    (yes, I know most here won't even consider these as Transformers toys, let alone even think of buying them)

Also while doing up the checklist, I found that the third wave of BotShots doesn't appear to have been released in America yet, but were found here early December.
    (and I thought I already had them, but now realise I was thinking of the previous wave... so I'd better go find them while they are still in stores)

Speaking of BotShots,through a process of elimination, it seems that a pairing up of an unknown silver redeco of the 3pack Cindersaur (at the US Toyfair in 2012) with the Hasbro database listing that leaked in November, has resulted in it being known as "Rom the Space Knight" (as that was the actual Hasbro database name).
    Since there were two BotShots numbers skipped in Series two (number 7 & 10), this is likely to be one of them. The other one that was skipped was a blue redeco of the 3pack Cindersaur (an unlucky mould with 2 versions missed), which was listed in an Asian catalogue as "Stormrazor". A reason why it was skipped may well be due to a last minute name-change of the main-line Stormrazor toy into Skystalker after the toys were already packaged... but that is just speculation, because the packaging would just be re-labelled, like PCC Spastic was (and Hasbro wouldn't care if a mere BotShots redeco had the wrong name, unless it was a trademark issue with Stormrazor).
    In the end, they've used the name Skystalker on one of the next 3packs, that should have been out by now, but it seems as though BotShots are dead in the water (despite being touted as being one of Hasbro's most successful TFs lines last year).

On a related note, the Japanese GO! 3-pack of BeCool/BotShots is not just a redeco, but a mixing of body parts for each.
    Kenzan is mostly Prowl with Mirage's bumper section.
    Jinbu is mostly Starscream with Powerglide's head & chest section.
    Ganoh is mostly Sentinel Prime with Brawl's head & chest section.
    Last edited by griffin; 28th January 2014 at 05:07 AM.

This is actually something I've known for a while now, but wanted to share... and this looks to be the most applicable topic.

The most recent Kreo Build set (Autobot Command Base) was shown at the US & AUS Toyfairs last year, but it ended up being completely different to the version that ended up being released. (with some different Kreons too)
    So today I found a site that actually has the prototype shown WITH the released version. (the prototype is the top image)

I wonder why the set was so significantly changed, in such a short period of time (to have a fully built example as the official product image just a few months before its release).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This is actually something I've known for a while now, but wanted to share... and this looks to be the most applicable topic.

The most recent Kreo Build set (Autobot Command Base) was shown at the US & AUS Toyfairs last year, but it ended up being completely different to the version that ended up being released. (with some different Kreons too)
    So today I found a site that actually has the prototype shown WITH the released version. (the prototype is the top image)

I wonder why the set was so significantly changed, in such a short period of time (to have a fully built example as the official product image just a few months before its release).
    it does look like the orighinal design is bigger with a higher parts count. Also the newer one has equipment racks along the line of the customisable kreons, so they may have decided to tie them into the design.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

found out yesterday that the black tower things on my FOC metroplex shoulders actually pull out. they make those towers look a lot better.

Just listening to interviews on Season 1 Disk 3 of the Remastered G1 DVDs. I didn't realise that they changed the age range of the show. It's obvious now that I know that fact. I've been grimacing over some of the obviously kid focused stuff I've noticed rewatching Season 1 for the first time in about 5 years. But I've always liked Season 3 more than the others and now I know why, it was aimed at a higher age range. I always liked shows aimed at an older audience when I was a kid.

Just found out that Armada Unicron's box is the perfect size to pack DVDs into.

I just realised powerpinch is green when held up to the light Always thought it was a last minute change from green to black but didn't change the packaging pics

I'm not sure if I realised this before, or just remembered it while building the latest Kabaya Models, but the JP Laster (from Liokaiser) and UK Flame (the yellow one) are Lamborghinis like Sideswipe... but the hood transformation is wrong for it to be used for the Masterpiece Sideswipe mould. (you know, to milk this great mould with a different character)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Speaking of BotShots,through a process of elimination, it seems that a pairing up of an unknown silver redeco of the 3pack Cindersaur (at the US Toyfair in 2012) with the Hasbro database listing that leaked in November, has resulted in it being known as "Rom the Space Knight" (as that was the actual Hasbro database name).
    Since there were two BotShots numbers skipped in Series two (number 7 & 10), this is likely to be one of them. The other one that was skipped was a blue redeco of the 3pack Cindersaur (an unlucky mould with 2 versions missed), which was listed in an Asian catalogue as "Stormrazor". A reason why it was skipped may well be due to a last minute name-change of the main-line Stormrazor toy into Skystalker after the toys were already packaged... but that is just speculation, because the packaging would just be re-labelled, like PCC Spastic was (and Hasbro wouldn't care if a mere BotShots redeco had the wrong name, unless it was a trademark issue with Stormrazor).
    In the end, they've used the name Skystalker on one of the next 3packs, that should have been out by now, but it seems as though BotShots are dead in the water (despite being touted as being one of Hasbro's most successful TFs lines last year).
    I've now found on the back of the packaging of the third wave, confirmation of Skystalker being B010 (and should have been in Wave 3), leaving Rom the Space Knight as being B007.

One less mystery in the world of Transformers collecting.

Not really a toy thing, but close enough. I just noticed yesterday when opening my remastered TFTM dvd case that you can actually turn the insert thingo inside out, to put the awesome art from the inside cover onto the outside. Has a spine and backing for that side and everything.