Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LEGO Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Are they regular minifigs on platforms? I hope they can be taken off. Could this be Lego's way of selling licensed minifigures while avoiding problems?
    The official Facebook page said the figures can be taken off.

I'm not interested in the game but I'll grab some of the fun packs just for the figures.

At least the figures can be removed ....

Does anyone know if they use the same type of "App bricks" as found in the Ultra Agents sets to make these work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    At least the figures can be removed ....

Does anyone know if they use the same type of "App bricks" as found in the Ultra Agents sets to make these work?
    I'm not familiar with the Ultra Agents sets beyond what Brickipedia says but I'd guess no. Game console toys to life products use NFC or Near Field Communications. A NFC chip, like the one in your credit card with PayPass is embedded in the toy, it is read and written to by the portal which is a NFC reader/writer. Since the iPhone currently has no NFC capacity beyond Apple Pay on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus there is no way Lego could be using NFC in their Ultra Agents app.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just took a look at the price of the Lego Dimensions add-on sets, I guess I've been ignoring the price. They seem super expensive for whats included compared to normal Lego sets.

I wonder if the sets for Dimensions will go on sale for half price like Disney Infinity and Skylanders figures and sets. That might be the only way I get most of these sets because of how much they cost and how few bricks are included.

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-208272-LE...-PlayStation-3
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Seriously hoping those prices are place holders. $15 is too much for the Infinity figures and from the number of them and skylanders that clog the shelves, most people seem to agree.

$50 for a few tiny add-on models and $170 for the starter pack will make them uncompetitive from the get go.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Agree that the pricing was a bit of a shocker. At $170 I thought it was a dedicated console like device.

Cool idea but as others have mentioned the pricing is a bit over the top, $24.95 to pre-order some of the add on packs, no thank you. Lego is expensive enough as it is.

They're all very expensive.

The Fun Packs I could see myself spending on, even if I think they could be priced lower to compete with Amiibos, Disney Infinity and Skylanders. I suppose, if that's the only way to get Portal I might just bite.

The Level and Team Packs are overpriced. Far too much money for them, if I wanted the minifigs it would be better to buy the actual sets they're in for the price.

The Starter Pack is just too expensive. I hope these are placeholder prices.

Seeing some gameplay from E3 on youtube.com/e3 I don't see any value in buying the extra packs. From what they said you can play the Portal level without buying the Portal set cause it's just part of the campaign.

Anyone pick up the game yesterday? I'm kinda tempted at Big W's price of $119. Still think the add-on packs are stupidly over priced.