Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP-12: Am I being too picky...?

Default MP-12: Am I being too picky...?

I just got MP-12 from BBTS from the 2nd Run, and I don't know if I'm being too picky, but I don't feel this should be on a near-$100 figure, and I have seen video reviews of KO MP-12 with similar sloppiness:

First pic has misplaced intake paint, sloppy edges on the 'air vents'(?) and chipped edges on the roof:

Second pic has more chipped edges and general roughness:

I then converted him, thinking maybe those things aren't so bad, and he'll be displayed in bot mode anyway...

Are these reasonable grounds to complain?

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

While MP-12 was never famous for its high levels of paint QC yours seems to be toward the bottom end of acceptability. If possible, contact your retailer and see about an exchange. I would.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i have a genuine mp12 and 2 ko's to be honest. the KOs have much better paint jobs. that said they were bought in the name of science and they were given to the kids to play with as toys. Takara really do need to step up their game a bit with the smaller MP figures. these things are still expensive and the QC should be a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    i have a genuine mp12 and 2 ko's to be honest. the KOs have much better paint jobs. that said they were bought in the name of science and they were given to the kids to play with as toys. Takara really do need to step up their game a bit with the smaller MP figures. these things are still expensive and the QC should be a lot better
    Agreed Takara really should be aiming for better given what they're charging for these. Luckily BBTS are one of the better stores for customer service. You should get something for this.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looks worse than a ko version IMO .

This should be call second lame run for having such high price and bad product.

What happened? Why g2 is so solid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaisun View Post
    I just got MP-12 from BBTS from the 2nd Run, and I don't know if I'm being too picky, but I don't feel this should be on a near-$100 figure, and I have seen video reviews of KO MP-12 with similar sloppiness:

Are these reasonable grounds to complain?
    I think these are reasonable grounds to complain, but Sideswipe wasn't designed to be a near $100 toy. He was designed to be pretty much half that price. Taking into account the additional charges that BBTS and other sellers have lopped onto the figure is a bit unfair.

However I do understand how you feel.

G2 Is probably so solid as he is mostly black.

That air vent is particularly poor and bbts should help you out.

I would also take a photo of the stamped numbers on the bottom of the box as these can be used to work out if this actually was from the second run of figures.

Either way it does look more like a factory reject with so little effort applied to masking and overspray.

Also this..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I think these are reasonable grounds to complain, but Sideswipe wasn't designed to be a near $100 toy. He was designed to be pretty much half that price. Taking into account the additional charges that BBTS and other sellers have lopped onto the figure is a bit unfair.
    Still your complaints are justified imo.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    While MP-12 was never famous for its high levels of paint QC yours seems to be toward the bottom end of acceptability. If possible, contact your retailer and see about an exchange. I would.
    I agree here, you should do OK with BBTS, especially if you approach them sooner rather than later.

as also mentioned these really are a $50-$60 figure, it's just with the cost of importing and reselling it works out to be $100 through bbts
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I appreciate everyone's input, thank you =o) My pickiness has eased over the years of collecting, becoming more tolerant of the minor issues that used to bother me, but when I saw this, I was having this "That's pretty bad for it's price... Or is that just old picky me...?" argument in my head, thank you for helping clear that one up. The fact I've seen better QC on retail deluxes made me think I wasn't being completely anal. I do agree stating it as a near-$100 figure isn't entirely fair, seeing as RK have these a fair bit cheaper being closer to the source (as far as I know), but even still, with the USD/AUD exchange rate lately, these figures hurt more than they have the last year or two (oh how I miss when we were dollar for dollar a couple years back).

Anyhoo, I will get on to BBTS today, hopefully we can sort something out =o) Do they want this one returned before they send another, or do they let you inspect the replacement before sending the defective? That would kinda blow to get a replacement that's worse than the original.

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

They may even give you a store credit, Jaisun.
    I had an issue with damaged packaging once and they CBF wouldn't accept the return, all they were prepared to do was offer me $$$ as recompense -it wasn't about the money, i just wanted packaging that wasn't damaged even though it was classed as collectors grade
    I guess it also depends on who is responding to you email at the time. Hope it works out for you