Thread: Takara Legends LG19 Springer

Default Takara Legends LG19 Springer

Looks like Takara are pulling a United Frenzy/Rumble and having another stab at the Generations Springer mould and releasing a new deco in the Legends line.

However, according to the images on the BBTS product page, he's very green, with only his moving shoulder pads being yellow, and lower legs grey - leaving almost everything else green, including his chest.

Not sure if this is the final design or not, but it does strike me as a little strange they're re-releasing the mould so soon as the same character, so I expect there will be some differences to the original Hasbro/TG release.

For some reason when I first saw the thread I thought it said LG19 Stinger, lol

IMO the colour scheme sounds a bit bland too me, but we'll see.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Seems it's supposed to reflect his cartoon animation model, which was mostly green... Still, kinda prefer my TG version over this - yellow chest just pops

Most speculation is that it is a movie anniversary tie in (coming along at same time as MP Hot Rod and Magnus reissue)

As well as being based on the movie/cartoon colours, the more green is also reminiscent of his g1 (UK) comic appearances.

I agree the original toy's colours are great, but I am tempted to get this.

First LG toy I will be skipping. I actually will be hunting down the Takara Generations version as that version has grown on me.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I missed out on this toy's original releases so while I'd prefer the yellow chest depending on the final images I may have to get this. With the exception of LSOTW, it was the greener one I grew up with at least.

TFYuki has tweeted out a boxed image of Springer, and its two alt-modes.