Thread: Titan class figure storage

Default Titan class figure display

Just after some thoughts on what to do with Titan class figures or "too big for my detolf" class figures. I have metroplex, fort max and trypticon sitting on a mantle gathering dust. i am almost certain to get Omega as well. Any tips on cabinets or storage? Taking shelves out of my existing detolfs won't work because then I need to put the other figures somewhere I can't just leave them out in the open any more even with regular cleaning

since myself and other family members have dust allergies i think my collection is starting become an actual health concern
    Last edited by philby; 25th April 2019 at 06:57 PM.

I either make space by adjusting the shelf height, as I have for CW Devastator and POTP Predaking, or I place them on the top of bookcases as I have with Gen Metroplex, TR Fort Max and TR Trypticon. And I've already allocated a top shelf space for Siege Omega Supreme; also my G1 Fortress Maximi and Brave Maximus are on top shelves.

If you click on the link to my collection pics in my signature you can see how I used to have them. My Brave Max hasn't moved; my G1 Fort Maxes have been moved to the top of a different bookcase. My CHUG Devastator and Predaking are on a different shelf but height adjusted in the same way, and Trypticon has been moved to another shelf top albeit in battle station mode as it's the most compact.

I'm someone who refuses to have my toys in storage (cos it makes it a hassle to locate individual toys to play with) so I need to find new ways to economise space. But this is also why I regretfully skipped LG Grand Maximus. As much as I was super tempted to get it as really probably the only way I'd ever own a Grand Max, I just couldn't justify getting a space-wasting repaint of Fort Max. And if they ever did a CHUG Metro Titan, in all honesty I'd probably skip it too for similar reasons. It's not even a money thing; in all honesty I could afford these toys. I just don't have the space for them. When news of Siege Omega Supreme came out the first thing I did was sell off my Year of the Snake Omega Supreme which had been my CHUG Omega Supreme. Many of the toys in my sales thread are really there to free up space.

Out in the open on top of a shelf isn't gonna work I'll need to find bigger cabinets or clear boxes or something to display

Are you able to get more cabinets? Because the fantastic furniture cabinet might suit.
    In the customer photos someone has removed the top shelf to fit a tall Disney castle, so I think you could get your titan class figures to fit.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Google ‘detolf adjustable shelves’ to customise the placement of your shelves.

If space is a little too squeezy, perhaps cycle 1 titan and some smaller figures out of the cabinet to limit their dust accumulation.

Even if the answer is to buy more glass, consider rearranging your collection as the smaller figures can fit in anything. For example Kmart homewares may have perspex boxes, terrariums, jewelry boxes etc which can look good and cost far less than another big cabinet.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Are you able to get more cabinets? Because the fantastic furniture cabinet might suit.
    I haven’t seen them before, it looks really nice!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Out in the open on top of a shelf isn't gonna work I'll need to find bigger cabinets or clear boxes or something to display
    What are the dimensions? All mine are still boxed up so I don't know.

However I would assume your best bet is a Stuva, Besta or Pax from Ikea.

Similar idea to your Detolf, but you can generally fit more per shelf.

Or depending on money, you can get custom acrylic covers for them so they can stay where they are but are protected from dust.

i've never measured the figures haha.
    i am actually thinking now of custom acrylic or something like that. i can then keep them on top of the cabinets and still have them protected.

* this configuration would be good for showing big and small figures at the same time. but this cabinet is nearly the price of 4 detolfs anyway... :/

Last edited by philby; 28th April 2019 at 09:11 PM.