Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MakeToys: Trash-Talk & Cog-Wheel

Okay, pulled the pin and pre-ordered with bbts. I already have an account with them so it's just easier for me. Didn't really want to spend that much but with action robo out of stock it was the only option (pay that much)
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    What about getting a bit of 5mm peg and drilling a 3mm hole in it?
    Drilling holes that precisely in plastic is tough. You might be able to do it with a pin vice but if you need a power drill, the chances are better than good that the forces from drill bit will just shred the rod.

Might have better luck using a styrene tube jacket over the peg? Plastruct 3/16" styrene tube has a 4.8mm outer diameter and a 3.2mm inner diameter. The fit will quite possibly be ok straight off the bat but any looseness can be tightened up with a thin coat of gap filling super glue (Zap-a-gap or similar) on the inside and outside as required, assuming you don't just glue it in place to begin with.

These are back up for order on ActionRobo, but with a bit of a price jump. $79 USD for the pair + MFB. Shipping is about $15 USD. Total all up after paypal and garbage is just shy of $110 AUD.

What about getting a bit of 5mm peg and drilling a 3mm hole in it?

Where would you even get a length of 5mm plastic?
    Snap the handle off of a different weapon?
    Or if you have any left over Arms Microns you could remove the c-clip pins.
    What else... rivets? Lollipop sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    These are back up for order on ActionRobo, but with a bit of a price jump. $79 USD for the pair + MFB. Shipping is about $15 USD. Total all up after paypal and garbage is just shy of $110 AUD.
    i was going to buy them at the original price but now they can gtfo

MFB just popped into my loot!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I just received my Swerve and Gears, and couldn't be happier with it.
    The transformation is a joy, and takes only a few seconds to change modes once you get the hang of it. But the best part of all was displaying Swerve with "My First Blaster" which just looks so frigging cool.

But here's a tip - its hard to assemble if you're not careful, and I ended up cutting one of the blue bulbs too short when removing it from the sprue.
    I'd have a look at Peaugh's youtube video of it, made the process so much easier.
    Last edited by reillyd; 14th April 2014 at 06:55 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Am I the only one that thinks that the face sculpt looks almost nothing like Swerve? The Generations figure does a HEAPS better job.

Alt mode on this one is really cool though.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I thought the face on Trash Talk was a bit off at first too but it's definitely grown on me and I now prefer it to the Generations Swerve which looks like it has really thick paint apps. Not to mention TT's robot and alt modes are both fantastic.

As far as shape goes, there are some differences but Swerve's head tends to vary a bit from panel to panel anyway. I think the biggest flaw is the shape of the optics (a bit too big and square) but otherwise it's recognisably Swerve. I find that transformers tend not to have particularly distinctive faces anyway. For the most part, their heads tend to be defined by the helmets and the eyes and in that respect Trash Talk ticks all the right boxes: red bucket helmet and blue visor.

Am I the only one that thinks that the face sculpt looks almost nothing like Swerve? The Generations figure does a HEAPS better job.

Alt mode on this one is really cool though.
    The face sculpt looks weird to me. Flat and bizarre.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust