Page 7 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    1. It's the 1st non essential character.
    Actually, I would say Feb's figure (Stratos) was the first one. IMO Zodac is a fascinating character... he's always been more important/interesting than Stratos.

2. A lot of diehards are getting turned off thanks to Mattel's attitude.
    I think the opposite is happening. I've been reading for months (on other forums) how fans have been saying "that's it - I'm done with the line", only to boast once a month about how their orders went through okay! Always makes me chuckle!

I really believe Mattel are catering to diehard fans (as opposed to casual ones) by releasing figures like Zodac and He-ro!

Plus, the quality of these things is amazing!

3. Scalper prices are dropping consistantly.
    That's GOOD news, not bad!

Zodac still being on sale is excellent news... it's how it should be! Mattel have finally listened to fans and made more figures... meaning they're available longer. I don't see how that's a bad thing at all.

Really? Imagine if all the Optimus Primes of the new line sold out online before most people realised what was going on...
    He-man and Beast Man were on sale for the longest so far!! They were available for well over a month each! Skeletor was available for a couple of weeks.

People shouldn't complain about being late to the party! This line is not a mass-release, sold at retail one. It's an exclusive online-only line. These things were advertised and promoted for almost a year before they went on sale!

And Hasbro said "yeah we will probably re-issue him in a year or 2... depends."
    Mattel have already stated that they're going to re-release He-man and Skeletor later this year as bonus figures! They said they will re-release all core figures eventually (due to fan demand). Plus, if you check out their site, they've changed all the figures from "no longer available" to "currently unavailable".

Would you get sick of this system? Would it put you off the line?
    Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Mattel have already stated that they're going to re-release He-man and Skeletor later this year as bonus figures!
    really? sweet! I was expecting a longer wait to get those!

Finally... pics of MOTUC Webstor

I love this line soooooooooo much

Actually, I would say Feb's figure (Stratos) was the first one. IMO Zodac is a fascinating character... he's always been more important/interesting than Stratos.

I think the opposite is happening. I've been reading for months (on other forums) how fans have been saying "that's it - I'm done with the line", only to boast once a month about how their orders went through okay! Always makes me chuckle!

I really believe Mattel are catering to diehard fans (as opposed to casual ones) by releasing figures like Zodac and He-ro!

Plus, the quality of these things is amazing!

That's GOOD news, not bad!

Zodac still being on sale is excellent news... it's how it should be! Mattel have finally listened to fans and made more figures... meaning they're available longer. I don't see how that's a bad thing at all.

He-man and Beast Man were on sale for the longest so far!! They were available for well over a month each! Skeletor was available for a couple of weeks.

People shouldn't complain about being late to the party! This line is not a mass-release, sold at retail one. It's an exclusive online-only line. These things were advertised and promoted for almost a year before they went on sale!

Mattel have already stated that they're going to re-release He-man and Skeletor later this year as bonus figures! They said they will re-release all core figures eventually (due to fan demand). Plus, if you check out their site, they've changed all the figures from "no longer available" to "currently unavailable".

Not yet

Your post is so pro-Classics it hurts. I like the line and own both He-man and Beastman... I just don't think that Mattel have gone about this release in the right way.
    They didn't release He-ro or Zodac as a nod to diehard fans as you imply... these are the characters that can re-use existing parts/ molds, making them cheaper to produce. Mattel has already spelt this out.
    Dragging this release out over years is, in my opinion, just stupid. Oh well.

They didn't release He-ro or Zodac as a nod to diehard fans as you imply... these are the characters that can re-use existing parts/ molds, making them cheaper to produce.
    He-Ro is without a doubt a nod to die-hard fans. He has a new head, new forearms, new lower legs, new feet, new armour, a new 'loincloth' and a new weapon, none of which are explicitly reusable parts.

So did anyone else buy a September-December subscription?

I didn't... though I did consider the all shipped together option.

I guess I'm not prepared to buy any toy blindly. I'd rather miss out or pay more than get stuck with some obsecure nonsense like Zodac.

Your post is so pro-Classics it hurts.
    Well, I could argue the exact opposite for you - you seem to be so anti-MOTUC it hurts! In fact, one could take it further and ask why you even bother collecting any of the figs, since you seem to think this line has some ridiculous figures, and stupid distribution choices by Mattel.

I like the line and own both He-man and Beastman... I just don't think that Mattel have gone about this release in the right way....
    Dragging this release out over years is, in my opinion, just stupid. Oh well.
    Is this the first ever toyline that's been "dragged out for years"? I'm confused as to what you mean...you'd rather they release 50 figures all on one day?

Personally, I kinda look forward to a new figure every month.

They didn't release He-ro or Zodac as a nod to diehard fans as you imply... these are the characters that can re-use existing parts/ molds, making them cheaper to produce. Mattel has already spelt this out.
    Huh? On one hand you say Zodac's is "obscure nonsense" but then say that he's NOT for die-hard fans. Which one is he... obscure or popular?

As for He-ro... seriously, I don't even know where to begin. Who (in the whole world) apart from absolute die-hard MOTU fans would have EVER heard of He-ro???? I mean, honestly, you don't get more "obscure" than this... he's a total die-hard fan figure! Here's a link with some pics (showing all new parts) and some comments by people below who don't know much about He-ro.

Of course they're re-using some parts, but at least they're making select changes unlike other toy lines (Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker anybody?!). Hell, I guess you could say that once you own He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Hordak and Teela, then you will actually own ALL the future MOTUC figures as well - because they're just going to re-use parts to mix-n-match. Kinda like the DCUC line is doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    He-Ro is without a doubt a nod to die-hard fans. He has a new head, new forearms, new lower legs, new feet, new armour, a new 'loincloth' and a new weapon, none of which are explicitly reusable parts.
    Correct!

I'd rather miss out or pay more than get stuck with some obsecure nonsense like Zodac.
    That just sums up what I'm saying right there! Have you watched the 200X series??? "Obscure nonsense"??? This guys is like 'Boba Fett' amongst MOTU fans!

At the end of the day it's pretty obvious I love this line (did I mention I work for Mattel and that my parents are the Four Horsemen? ). Seriously though, I'm sorry you don't like this line the way I, and many others do. The figures really are great and I love the choices so far. If you don't like the character selections or the way Mattel are handling it, then I guess this line is not for you. So far, for my own tastes, this is the best MOTU line I've ever collected.

Zodac is all kinds of awesome in the 200X show. If they do a 200X version in classics I'll buy!

I like the one a month rule, hell even the novelty of having to stay up to order some once a month is fun! (for me anyway!) I'm no MOTU fanatic (only seen the 2002 show, never the original, only had one MOTU fig as a kid, I thought it was a TMNT fig!) but its an awesome toy line, hence why I'm collecting!

I really don't understand all the hate this is getting.

Well, I could argue the exact opposite for you - you seem to be so anti-MOTUC it hurts! In fact, one could take it further and ask why you even bother collecting any of the figs, since you seem to think this line has some ridiculous figures, and stupid distribution choices by Mattel.
    I like MOTU and I think the concept of Classics is great.
    It is the distribution that sucks, and that is the reason why I haven't bothered collecting any of these figures. Having said that I did buy Beastman (ebay) and He-man (private) off the same seller and pick them both up in person... because I like the figures.

Mer-man (thanks to Gutsman Heavy)