Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIG W 2 day only online sale (19th and 20th)

A little late now, but I wonder if, when you go to a store and you see a particular item you want is there, place an order for one of that size-class for pickup at that store... and when you go in later to pick up your order/toy, if it isn't the one you were wanting, see if you can swap it over with the one you did want, while you are there (if it is still on the toy shelf of course).

I'm sure that if you are picking up your pre-paid order from the customer service desk, they do the refunds and exchanges there as well. Even if an exchange these days has to go through the process of doing a refund and you have to repurchase the similar item... tell them that if they let you do a straight swap without any "paperwork", it would save them having to go through the process of doing a refund and putting the toy back into the toy section. (because if you don't get the toy you wanted, getting a refund should leave you how you started, before placing the order)

(I bought some packs of the TCG, for pickup at the nearest store that apparently has stock, according to the product page... but I haven't seen any in that store for some time, so if they were all stolen, it will be interesting to see if they tell me that the order had to be cancelled, or if they ship in stock from another store.)

So a little info for future reference I found out today.

Earlier I checked with my colleagues at the store I work at. We have stock of a couple of items I wanted in this sale. However, the online store showed zero stock. I called our customer support team for online and they explained that online stock and in-store stock are completely separate. They said that if a store gets 100 of an item then 50 of the item might be assigned to online sales the rest are in-store sales.

This was a huge surprise to me as when we get an online order we just go out to the shelf the product is on and grab the product from there. There is no separate area of the store with online stock.

So I guess if you see something in-store it doesn't mean you can buy it online.

I tried buying a couple of things earlier today - many of the “add to cart” buttons were greyed out, which I’m guessing means those items are out of stock.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I tried buying a couple of things earlier today - many of the “add to cart” buttons were greyed out, which I’m guessing means those items are out of stock.
    Same, 'cept I tried it yesterday for the new Speed Champions Lego sets. Oh well, wasn't meant be this time.

As expected, the order I placed for Trading cards had to be cancelled and refunded, because they couldn't find the stock in the store (they would have beeen easy to steal), and the staffer said that the booster packs were now a discontinued line, so no more stock will be appearing at BigW.