Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Masterpiece Optimus Prime (2012) and G1 Trypticon for same price. Hardcore Tryp fan and would be great for first g1 figure. Optimus is just, AWESOME. REALLY hard decision for me. I had to think for a whole footy match (which we won- red and white) and still can't decide.
    And wow, G1 transformers are a LOT smaller than I thought they would be. Especially Blitzwing and the insecticons, maybe even jazz!!!
    (Try and guess where I found 'em)
    REALLY hard to decide. One of my hardest decisions yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Masterpiece Optimus Prime (2012) and G1 Trypticon for same price. Hardcore Tryp fan and would be great for first g1 figure. Optimus is just, AWESOME. REALLY hard decision for me. I had to think for a whole footy match (which we won- red and white) and still can't decide.
    And wow, G1 transformers are a LOT smaller than I thought they would be. Especially Blitzwing and the insecticons, maybe even jazz!!!
    (Try and guess where I found 'em)
    REALLY hard to decide. One of my hardest decisions yet!
    Trypticon.
    MP Optimus V2 will be around for a while, and you should be able to find him for cheaper later once he's been out for a while. Trypticon is going to be harder to find and probably more expensive unless there's a reissue anytime soon...which AFAIK hasn't been flagged and sadly looks unlikely after Metroplex and Omega Supreme shelfwarming in Japan. If you're a fan of the character then grab the bargain while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Trypticon.
    MP Optimus V2 will be around for a while, and you should be able to find him for cheaper later once he's been out for a while. Trypticon is going to be harder to find and probably more expensive unless there's a reissue anytime soon...which AFAIK hasn't been flagged and sadly looks unlikely after Metroplex and Omega Supreme shelfwarming in Japan. If you're a fan of the character then grab the bargain while you can.
    Its funny coz they also had metroplex there.
    Hopefully it'll be there at christmas at toys r us.

OK, I've got one.

I've presently got a Hasbro Oil Slick waiting to be opened, cost me about $20 from Mandarake. Doubtful I can return it.
    I can also get a resealed Takara Oil Slick for about $10, and the TT version looks a little better IMO.

Do I just go with the version I have already, or get the slightly prettier version the next time I go TF hunting and try to resell/trade the Hasbro version somewhere down the track?
    Oil Slick isn't exactly an important figure in my collection, but $10 is pretty cheap to get a slightly prettier version. Bear in mind that I live in Japan, so the fact that it's a Takara TF isn't really that big a drawcard in and of itself.

OK, I've got one.

I've presently got a Hasbro Oil Slick waiting to be opened, cost me about $20 from Mandarake. Doubtful I can return it.
    I can also get a resealed Takara Oil Slick for about $10, and the TT version looks a little better IMO.

Do I just go with the version I have already, or get the slightly prettier version the next time I go TF hunting and try to resell/trade the Hasbro version somewhere down the track?
    Oil Slick isn't exactly an important figure in my collection, but $10 is pretty cheap to get a slightly prettier version. Bear in mind that I live in Japan, so the fact that it's a Takara TF isn't really that big a drawcard in and of itself.
    I'd go with tt as it would look better in a collection. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Trypticon.
    you're talking 'bout the upcoming hasbro one, right?

you're talking 'bout the upcoming hasbro one, right?
    Yup. I've got the Takara MP10 and it's a great mold/TF to be sure, but it's just coming out now and will probably drop in price after a while - and/or you'll be able to find a 2nd-hand one on the boards for less at a later time.
    Trypticon's price is likely to stay the same or go up over time and TakaraTomy don't seem very interested in reissuing him, so I'd grab him now while he's available at a reasonable price (for a vintage TF) and leave the easier-to-find-TF for later. Especially if you're a Trypticon fan.

Yup. I've got the Takara MP10 and it's a great mold/TF to be sure, but it's just coming out now and will probably drop in price after a while - and/or you'll be able to find a 2nd-hand one on the boards for less at a later time.
    Trypticon's price is likely to stay the same or go up over time and TakaraTomy don't seem very interested in reissuing him, so I'd grab him now while he's available at a reasonable price (for a vintage TF) and leave the easier-to-find-TF for later. Especially if you're a Trypticon fan.
    I'll just check out all star comics first to make sure.

Tryp for sure if he is a decent price, as Ode said G1 stuff is harder to find and you should grab it while you can. I am backing OP to shelf warm a bit until a price drop

Without knowing the background info there and assuming all-star comics is another hobby shop, it's worth shopping around as long as you're reasonably sure the first one will still be there if you don't find a better price.
    Either way, make sure to check for completeness accessory-wise, finding G1 parts can end up pretty time-consuming and expensive and Trypticon has quite a few bits and pieces to lose. TFU.info is probably worth a look-see before buying.