Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did G1 Overlord get released in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Omega Supreme got an Encore reissue in 2008.
    It did cool?

I had no idea, I've not seen it on eaby or anything, but Sky Lynx and Trippy Dionoman come up all the time.

Any idea what price the reissue G1 Omega Supreme went for in the reissue, and goes for now? I'd love to get one. I'm guessing silly prices. Cheapest just now on ebay was $350 AU not including postage.

I've only seen australian sellers with Platinum edition stuff, are you guys saying the japanese encore line was sold in Australia, or was it import only?

I've never had encore anything, so have no idea. I have a few G1 toys here and there, but I've never bought any of the "encore" line, just the euro Platinums stuff (like I just bought Trypticon this week).

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    It did cool?

I had no idea, I've not seen it on eaby or anything, but Sky Lynx and Trippy Dionoman come up all the time.

Any idea what price the reissue G1 Omega Supreme went for in the reissue, and goes for now? I'd love to get one. I'm guessing silly prices. Cheapest just now on ebay was $350 AU not including postage.

I've only seen australian sellers with Platinum edition stuff, are you guys saying the japanese encore line was sold in Australia, or was it import only?

I've never had encore anything, so have no idea. I have a few G1 toys here and there, but I've never bought any of the "encore" line, just the euro Platinums stuff (like I just bought Trypticon this week).
    TFwiki is your friend. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Omega_Supreme_(G1)#Toys

It did cool?

I got my Omega reissue for 10,000yen on release (HLJ's early bird price)

Despite being a bit of a shelfwarmer, he can get pretty high these days. Ebay US sometimes has them a little cheaper that Ebay AU.

Another option is Yahoo Japan Auctions. Buying from YJA is a lot easier these days now that that they have a partnered deputy service. And the fees are quite reasonable I've found.

And of course, keep your eye out on the sell threads here and on Facebook. Just be patient and you will find one. They aren't all that rare.

The "Encore" line was released in Japan only. So was the TFC "Transformers Collection" bookstyle re-issues. They came in a white bookstyle box with Dreamwve artwork. And tear out pages full of stats, etc of the character (But Omega wasn't part of that release.)

It did cool?

I got my Reissue Omega from Amazon using gift vouchers I was given for free. From memory it was about US$100 in around 2008. Still have him MISB, didn't realise it fetches so much.

Encore Omega Supreme retailed for 10,000JPY, which was roughly AU$100, but the problem is that this toy was released around the time of the 2008 Global Financial Crisis. As a result the AUD took a major hit. If your online order was processed just before the GFC hit then you were fine, but if it processed just after the GFC then suddenly the cost of this toy (as well as Encore Metroplex) skyrocketed due to the loss of currency value over the exchange. The AUD was actually performing quite well from 2007 up to just before the GFC - I was actually overseas on our honeymoon when news broke out of the AUD rocketing up in value. Suddenly our honeymoon (and subsequent overseas shopping) got a whole lot cheaper! But the AUD took a tumble when the GFC hit.

I hadn't pre-ordered Encore Omega Supreme, but I did pre-order GADEP the eHobby exclusive Guardian Robot repaint, as well as Encore Metroplex. Both of these toys ended up costing me a pretty penny as the orders came through just after the GFC hit. I still found Encore Omega Supremes etc. shelfwarming in stores in Tokyo in 2012 - four years after the toys had been released. This would be the equivalent of finding a large Transformers Prime toy shelfwarming today. In my recent trip to Japan this year I didn't find any Encores (although the MP Autobot Cars are surprisingly cheap on the Japanese secondary market - I grabbed an MP G2 Lambor for just 5000JPY (AU$63) and I saw other MP cars selling at similar prices or less. Although current MP Cars are still expensive at full RRP, it's cheaper to buy them off the secondary market over there.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I read that all the time, but it often has nothing to do with OZ, that's why I stop by here

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I got my Omega reissue for 10,000yen on release (HLJ's early bird price)

Despite being a bit of a shelfwarmer, he can get pretty high these days. Ebay US sometimes has them a little cheaper that Ebay AU.

Another option is Yahoo Japan Auctions. Buying from YJA is a lot easier these days now that that they have a partnered deputy service. And the fees are quite reasonable I've found.

And of course, keep your eye out on the sell threads here and on Facebook. Just be patient and you will find one. They aren't all that rare.

The "Encore" line was released in Japan only. So was the TFC "Transformers Collection" bookstyle re-issues. They came in a white bookstyle box with Dreamwve artwork. And tear out pages full of stats, etc of the character (But Omega wasn't part of that release.)
    Right, that is what I thought.
    I got confused and thought people were saying there was a reissue of Omega G1 that got released in australia, like Platinum trypticon, which I had never heard of somehow.
    so to be clear he STILL has never been released in the platinum (western) line of reissues?

It might seem like pointless details, but platinum ones can be has so much cheaper than any of that ehobby and book whatever whatevers that sell for crazy prices (2nd hand) often with inferior plastics to the original toys (that sometimes can had for the same price, or often cheaper)

so to be clear he STILL has never been released in the platinum (western) line of reissues?
    Correct. No Western/Platinum release

We did get Platinum Edition Omega Supreme in Australia, but it's a redeco of Energon Omega Supreme, not a reissue of the G1 toy. Encore Omega Supreme was never released here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    We did get Platinum Edition Omega Supreme in Australia, but it's a redeco of Energon Omega Supreme, not a reissue of the G1 toy. Encore Omega Supreme was never released here.
    I have him on my home entertainment center. I completely forgot he exist tho.

Yeah he was a Big W exclusive at toy sale a couple of years back.