Thread: Does anyone here own an Autojetter prototype?

bowspearer Guest

Default Does anyone here own an Autojetter prototype?

A couple of months back I won the Autolauncher prototype z75sales was selling and in the process of discussing shipping, he mentioned the Autojetter prototype also wound up in Australia. I was just wondering if anyone here has Autojetter prototype as it's essentially the other prototype in the set.

That's cool, I never even realised they existed. I had the two G2 Construction vehicle ones and really like the idea of them. I still have them, and functioning to this day.

I can only imagine the prototypes would be expensive. very cool things to have in the collection.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Talking I'm not sure "very cool" is the term I would use to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's cool, I never even realised they existed. I had the two G2 Construction vehicle ones and really like the idea of them. I still have them, and functioning to this day.

I can only imagine the prototypes would be expensive. very cool things to have in the collection.
    Actually it's quite hillarious in the case of the Autolauncher proto I got.

Remember that show "kids say the darndest things"? Well file this under "Hastak does the darndest things"!

You know how occasionally or maybe not so occasionally, we'll see photos where transformers have been mistransformed?

Well I own a proto that's been misassembled.

As you and others are most probably aware, Autorollers are designed to transform by flicking a switch and rolling them on the ground.

Just one problem in the case of the proto - it doesn't work.

Some would call this reckless, but I pulled apart the proto, as well as my standard copy of Autolauncher to inspect the mechanism.

It turns out that, unsurprisingly, the transformation gimmick is gear driven. The reason it works and locks in place when it does work, is because the chassis of the legs has a tab on it that is meant to be slid into a slot on the main gear.

Here's what they did on my prototype:

As you can see, the tab hasn't been slid into the slot, ergo, it doesn't work.

I could fix it by trying to disassemble it and reassemble it, but I don't want to risk damaging the parts. Besides, unlike with standard figures, I figure that every prototype tells a story - which is especially true in this case.

See, I'm not sure whether Z75sales was on the level or not, but here's the zinger of it all.

Apparently, this test shot proto I own......

It was meant to be the Quality Assurance testing figure .

yea recklss but it brought an interesting story to light so totally worth it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    yea recklss but it brought an interesting story to light so totally worth it.
    Oh definitely - I consider this to be the "card error" of prototypes only easily fixed if I ever feel so inclined.