• Only if (something else)

1 4.35%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

3 13.04%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - POTP Predaking

I'm more than happy to pay full price if it means definitely getting the toy vs paying discount prices for something that may never come. A hard lesson learnt from Voldemort Collectables. :/

Made a POTP Predaking photocomic thread here

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm more than happy to pay full price if it means definitely getting the toy vs paying discount prices for something that may never come. A hard lesson learnt from Voldemort Collectables. :/

Argh. That did it, I just ordered it from a retailer who has it in stock. I can't take the risk of it selling out or not being supplied. Victorion and Superion are going to have their work cut out
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

That video is great, I love that drawn-out, dramatic combination haha

The instructions missed one step. Typical Hasblow.

There's a double hinge on the right arm that folds up and locks in between Divebomb's arms. It makes the arm solid and symmetrical with the left arm.

Stop motion showcase of POTP Predaking (stickers unattached)

Brad Towner, Armoured Heaven.
    I call bull....

Your “source” who says we are not getting it is taking pre-orders for it.....

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I call bull....

Your “source” who says we are not getting it is taking pre-orders for it.....
    Bull what?

I'll have:
    S for Sinnertwin
    H for Horribull
    T for Thundercracker

Well, I just put together my Predaking. I spaced out exploring the individual Predacons, too.

Thoughts: Overall, it's amazing. There are flaws across this set, but there's so much to like.

Predaking: solid enough, IMO. Good proportions, solid, poseable. A win.

Tantrum: That thigh needs to detach, it looks horrible underneath the rhino mode. Win otherwise.

Headstrong: That thigh needs to detach, it looks horrible underneath the bull mode. Win otherwise.

Rampage: The robot head can be tricky to get out during the transform, otherwise I have no complaints. The backpack thing isn't elegant but it's not in the way so I'm fine with it.

Razorclaw: A great toy.

Divebomb: He makes up so much of Predaking, relatively speaking, but is mostly kibble free thanks to clever use of the wingpack. The robot head on mode doesn't tab in firmly, though. Not sure if this is isolated to mine.

I feel this set is worth my $300.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The same reason I ordered blast off from robotkingdom. Yes he was a bit expensive but rather have him than miss out

Just like Devastator before, this is a very fun set. The engineering is simple but effective, and has some really clever touches to put a big smile on any Shogo Hasui fanboy's face. There're some minor annoyances that stop me from thoroughly enjoying these figures, but overall well worth the retail price imo.

Razorclaw is least effected by having to combine. It amazes me somewhat that he only makes up about only half of the mass in Predaking's chest. I get this feeling that making him roughly the same size as the other Predacons was a key design element Hasui was going for; he actually looks suitably smaller in beast mode compared with Tantrum and Headstrong. I also like his stocky proportions in both modes. Articulation is a bit limited in beast mode and the same can be said with the rest of the Predacons, especially some legs are tabbed in fixed positions. 'Bot mode articulation is quite good; on par with the Constructicons format we've seen, but he lacks a chest swivel due to housing Predaking's big noggin.

Rampage has the combiner kibble integrated very well in tiger mode, but turns into complete stand alone backpack in 'bot mode. The plate his 'bot head sits on can't sit level with his body so Rampage's perpetually looking down a little bit. There are two tabs on the body that prevent the said plate from pulling all the way up, which I suspect might be a last minute change to the mold, as the official render shows this plate sitting flush against the body. Oh and, he's very red.

I can't say Divebomb is my favorite of the bunch, because he's inherently quite flawed. But design wise he has a lot going on and he is no doubt the Long Haul of Predacons. I like how he integrates the combiner piece in 'bot mode as well, although that backpack does look quite unwieldy in both modes. But I can look past it because this backpack does an awesome origami transformation to become Predaking's wings, abdomen and crotch piece. Especially love how the tail turns into the combiner crotch piece. His and Rampage's guns suffer from design oversight where the posts are not long enough, so they can't be held quite as securely. The majority and the stickers aren't really all that necessary (some of them go around corners or are on the edge of molded details and have already started to peel), but you'd want to spend some time and pimp up Divebomb's wings. Speaking of, this guy probably owns the record of having the most Decepticon symbols on one 'bot. Each feather on his wings has one tiny Decepticon symbols and on the wings only he has 20 of 'em! This is some hardcore loyalty right there. It's also worth mentioning that the Japanese G1 numbering stickers are a really nice touch.

Tantrum and Headstrong share the same engineering. They're suitably beefy and love the head sculpts. I don't mind the combiner kibble at all and it's integrated quite well in beast mode imo, giving them quite a thick and powerful looking profile. Them being able to hold the dual cannons like a rocket launcher is icing on the cake. Although I do wish these two have hip and knee ratchets in 'bot modeas well as they're quite top heavy, especially when the rocket launcher are mounted they now kinda want to tip over.

Whoever at Hasbro came up with the color scheme for Predacons was a freakin genius. Who would've thought different shades of red, yellow and orange, with lots of black thrown in the mix could create such perfect palette for 5 mechanical beasts? The Predacons look fantastic together. I didn't own any Predacon back in the days otherwise I would be throwing my fists at the sky right now in excitement, like I did 3 years ago when I took Devastator home.

The combining engineering uses lots of sliding mechanism this time around compared to the clever interlocking systems found on Devastator. Big, chunky sliding pieces ensure lots of contact area to create friction to hold heavy pieces together, and allows even smoother, quicker transformation experience. The end result? Another win for Mr. Hasui.

Predaking comes in slightly shorter than Devastator but is every bit as awesome. Ratchet joints all over and thanks to his better proportions his poses just look more dynamic than ol' Devy. The dedicated foot pieces allow for a great range of ankle tilt, and the shoulder ratchets built into Divebomb and Rampage can hold the arms up with no problem. The minor picks I have are that the arm 'bots legs don't tab together quite securely especially when you're trying to twist all these chunky ratchet joints; The elbow range is very limited which I assume is for the sake of individual 'bot modes; and the shoulder cannons sometimes get in the way of the arms.

Overall, another great combiner set from HasTak. Captures the 80's feel perfectly. Solid engineering. Great for display but also fun to play with.

That's some nice photos and poses there, doublespy!