Thread: custom TF:Prime Figures

Default custom TF:Prime Figures

The Prime figures are some of my favourites figures of all time.
    Some of the figures needed a bit more detailing to bring out their personality.
    I did these figures a while ago.

Some, such as Ultra Magnus only received some silver paint to cover the grey and a bit of panel lining, while others like Megatron and sound wave had some plane lining, but mostly Repro label stickers applied.

But some figures required more. Not only did they get extra stickers, but they got extra paint details and panel lining. Silver paint didn't seem to work for these guys. I ended up using a lot of metallic grey.

Ratchet benefitted by having specific parts painted before applying stickers over the top. It can be hard to tell where the paint ends and the stickers begin.

Starscream was the figure that kicked off the need to modify see of these figures.

I really liked the first edition version of the this character the best. But i could never get a hold of the figure. So i modified the purple version of the character. I started with the intent of doing a full repaint to represent the onscreen model. But as i finished certain steps of painting i came to appreciate the figure for the mixture that it had become. TF Prime Starscream has become one of my all time favourite figures.
    And then i put him in a pose that has not changed to this day as i think it represents the intentions of the character.

I was pretty chuffed with the outcome considering it started out like this.

Finally, Knock Out. One of the best characters from the cartoon, but one of the most disapointing figures. The guys was all flash and style with a Phd.
    But the figure wasn't like that at all.
    I really wanted to get away without using any stickers, but my skills weren't up to the challenge. I also experimented a bit with colour, thinking silver face and silver body parts would help bring out the character.

I went back to the original character and realised that his face is what and metallic great was a better fit for the character as it seems to make the other colours 'pop'.
    The yellow was the hardest part of any of the TF:Prime mods. I went though three different yellow before i found the right yellow and I needed to do several layers to get the colour to come through over the black and maroon plastics.

The result was a car mode and figure that I think is a better representation of the figure.

The before stock photos.

Ratchet and Knockout are my two favourite Prime toys (I have three versions of Knockout and two of Ratchet).

I’ve felt Ratchet need a little more paint detail but I was happy with standard Knockout... until now! Great work!

Great detailing there. TF Prime was the best show in along time. Hope there will another such series soon.

That Ratchet, wow. Definitely my favourite of all the updates you did.