Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
That's not true, but it is certainly better than their previous attempt in 2005. But one of the dumbest things about the Unicron Trilogy Dinobots is that they were given no weapons and their fists are incompatible with the 5mm post. This made absolutely no sense because one of the greatest things that Armada established was the universal standardisation of the 5mm weapon post. So the frustrating thing about those Dinobots is that not only did they not come with any weapons of their own, but you can't even share weapons from any other UT figure or even give them Mini-Con weapons like the Star Sabre etc. And yeah, on top of that the individual figures are pretty poor and the combined mode is terrible.

I have zero interest in ever combining Volcanicus (I skipped POTP Grimmie), but I enjoy the other Dinobots as stand alone figures. And if you enjoy them as a combined gestalt, that's fine too. The toys work well either way. The Energon Dinobots suck as both stand alone figures and as a gestalt.
I'm glad I didn't know of the existence of that Energon dinobot combiner. It's substandard enough to be overlooked because such a combiner should include the whole team rather than just Swoop and Grimlock.