Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JP Encore BWNeo Big Convoy JAN 2019

Default JP Encore BWNeo Big Convoy JAN 2019

First revealed at a recent Japanese toy event, the next Encore toy from Japan after Beast Wars Returns (Machines) Air Attack Optimus in November and Micron Legend (Armada) Unicron in December, is Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy in January 2019.

Big Convoy has a mammoth beast mode, originally released in Japan in 1999, and redecoed into black (same year in Japan), black/mustard (2004 by Hasbro), and in blue/white/red (2013 by FunPub).

This "reissue" will have some minor colour differences to the original release, giving it a more cartoony look, with brighter yellow and white, and removing the sparkle in the blue.
    Official images can be seen here.
    Last edited by griffin; 9th August 2018 at 04:49 PM.

While it’s not a toy or character that appeals to me personally (the king of shellformers), I’m glad they avoided sparkle - avoiding GPS.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I have the original Big Convoy as well as the Hasbro Nemesis Prime version. I feel like it's a cool mould despite being a shellformer. But I probably won't get this Encore version both because I don't need another version and also after the disaster of the God Fire Convoy they need to win my trust with these reissues.

TakaraTomy have released a 2-page mini-comic for the upcoming release of the blue Big Convoy toy. It hasn't been translated yet, but doesn't look to have much story to it (yet).

The toy was on display at the Tokyo Comic Con this weekend, with it's box, closely resembling the original Beast Wars Neo box (with just updated logos). Unfortunately it isn't a big photo, but one might show up somewhere else later.

The blue redeco might be out now as it has shown up in-hand with packaging pics.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So Im just unboxing mine and...was there supposed to be a manual with these!?

Bet he has a bugger of a time getting through doorways

Hypnos if you're stuck try YouTube reviews. Will show you step by step. I use it for all transformers now
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!