Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Tribute toyline

Default Transformers Tribute toyline

We've already seen one set labelled as "Transformers Tribute" (Optimus & Orion Pax), and now a second figure has surfaced with that banner on the packaging - 2007 Movie Optimus, with a 10th anniversary sticker as well.
    (out of packaging image was leaked here and the robot mode here)

Either this is an Optimus Tribute toyline, or it is going to be an all-generations line, similar to the 2009 Universe "25th Anniversary" toyline that tried to commemorate all different previous toylines... but was stifled by the Movie toyline out at the time, limiting Retailer interest and budgets to the main Transformers toylines at that time (Movie and Animated).

If this is a more expansive line across the generations, expect it to be revealed at SDCC in a little over two weeks time (starts Thursday July 20th and ends Sunday July 23rd).

I do like the new deco on that 07 leader Optimus.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I just wanna know where I can get the optimus 2 pack tribute set from...SAFELY

Although I'm not interested in getting this reprint, as I have and prefer the vanilla '07 leader, I'm really intrigued about where this tribute line leads to.

Considering that this year marks the 10 anniversary of the first film, I'm hoping that we might get more rereleases of some characters in the film in their '07 moulds, such as Blackout, Starscream etc, with new paint applications. As someone who missed out on a majority of those releases, I'll be willing to give Hasbro my spare money if this is the case.

Nevertheless, this repaint of one of my favourite Transformers figures of all time (I actually like this more than the ROTF mould) is pretty good. However, I would prefer if Hasbro used the premium series head sculpt and the energon blade instead.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I just wanna know where I can get the optimus 2 pack tribute set from...SAFELY
    ToysRus has it on shelves here in Oz for $79—their stores seem pretty safe.

Quote Originally Posted by '07Camaro View Post
    ...I'm hoping that we might get rereleases of some characters in the film in their '07 moulds, such as Blackout, Starscream etc, with new paint applications. As someone who missed out on a majority of those releases, I'll be willing to give Hasbro my spare money if this is the case.
    Oooh.. with 3 Optimus's so far I did not think about other molds but I've got to own up and say that first voyager Starscream is one of my favourite molds ever.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    ToysRus has it on shelves here in Oz for $79—their stores seem pretty safe.
    Nah, not that Optimus 2-pack set... the 2-pack with WFC Optimus and TR Orion Pax.

I think by safely he was referring to the store that shall not be named (this is why we can't have nice things, every thread derails into a jab at that store).

I am sure it will soon be available from RK, BBTS, TFsource and other stores. It might be they're holding off on preorders until an offficial announcement for the toy line (eg SDCC). These were leaked images
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Speaking of ... RK has this up for pre-order now US$ 35.90 ... and need to factor in shipping still

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Nah, not that Optimus 2-pack set... the 2-pack with WFC Optimus and TR Orion Pax.
    Thank you for the correction...I would love if it was in tru but sadly not

Who's handling this in the states anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I think by safely he was referring to the store that shall not be named (this is why we can't have nice things, every thread derails into a jab at that store).

I am sure it will soon be available from RK, BBTS, TFsource and other stores. It might be they're holding off on preorders until an offficial announcement for the toy line (eg SDCC). These were leaked images
    Yep, as noted rk has it up, shipping is a bit of a problem so gonna have to look to get the most of that order.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Yep, as noted rk has it up, shipping is a bit of a problem so gonna have to look to get the most of that order.
    Too late. Sold out already