Page 69 of 195 FirstFirst ... 495964656667686970717273747989 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Well, the G1 Targetmasters were meant to be the Autobot Cars and Decepticon Jets. Even the 1986 Cars and Jets (Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, Cyclonus & Scourge) were all retooled as Targetmasters in 1987. Although none of those retools were ever released in Australia - we only ever got the new Targetmaster characters. But to be honest, I would've skipped them anyway (and if most others felt the same then it makes sense that Hasbro AU skipped them). In 1987 getting more expensive boxed figures was more of a luxury - given the choice of asking for the same characters again (only with a new transformable gun) or asking them for new characters, yeah... I would absolutely have gone with the new characters (which I did ).

Transformers keep reinventing themselves non stop in each reincarnation and while there are awesome great ideas I am beginning to get sick of the gimmicky ones. But then what is gimmicky to me is another persons meat.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Has anyone here tried to make their own pretender shell (for whatever figure you want)?

If so, how did you go about it.

Clay, air dry clay sculpt, silicone rubber (always wanted to try this stuff) mould, then a resin hard shell cast or a rubberish cast perhaps like a monster pretender.

Articulation, hmm.....

I don't mind gimmicks if they're not as intrusive to the core engineering of the toy. TR Sixshot is a great example of this because you don't need to remove Revolver to transform him into any of his modes. It's a non-intrusive gimmick that you can happily choose to ignore if you don't like it, but if you do like it then feel free to use it. The option is there. Other toys live or die by their gimmick. Transformers Armada is often associated with this, with Armada Hot "wHy mY Sh0uLD3r5 hUr7?" Shot being the poor poster boy for toys with overly intrusive gimmicks. You compare ARM Hot Shot with say RiD Side Burn that came shortly before it or even the Universe Hot Shot toy that came a few years after -- both toys put the Armada figure to shame. And this is because much of Hot Shot's upper body is slave to the Mini-Con activated gimmick, sacrificing articulation in the head, shoulders etc. - basically making a relatively blocky and ungainly toy. Although Armada Scavenger is far worse, but overall a lot of the Armada Autobots and Decepticons were compromised by their gimmicks. Extra disappointing given that Hasbro gave themselves double the amount of time to develop that line compared to most other TF lines. There was a lot of initial excitement when Armada debuted because we had nearly 2 years of very few new moulds. Lots of redecoes and G1 reissues, but fans were itching for something new. But the novelty soon wore off and people began realising what a let down Armada was (hence all the jAaM! jokes - Hasbro even acknowledged this as Universe Hot Shot's number plate says "JAAM" ).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't mind gimmicks if they're not as intrusive to the core engineering of the toy. TR Sixshot is a great example of this because you don't need to remove Revolver to transform him into any of his modes. It's a non-intrusive gimmick that you can happily choose to ignore if you don't like it, but if you do like it then feel free to use it. The option is there. Other toys live or die by their gimmick. Transformers Armada is often associated with this, with Armada Hot "wHy mY Sh0uLD3r5 hUr7?" Shot being the poor poster boy for toys with overly intrusive gimmicks. You compare ARM Hot Shot with say RiD Side Burn that came shortly before it or even the Universe Hot Shot toy that came a few years after -- both toys put the Armada figure to shame. And this is because much of Hot Shot's upper body is slave to the Mini-Con activated gimmick, sacrificing articulation in the head, shoulders etc. - basically making a relatively blocky and ungainly toy. Although Armada Scavenger is far worse, but overall a lot of the Armada Autobots and Decepticons were compromised by their gimmicks. Extra disappointing given that Hasbro gave themselves double the amount of time to develop that line compared to most other TF lines. There was a lot of initial excitement when Armada debuted because we had nearly 2 years of very few new moulds. Lots of redecoes and G1 reissues, but fans were itching for something new. But the novelty soon wore off and people began realising what a let down Armada was (hence all the jAaM! jokes - Hasbro even acknowledged this as Universe Hot Shot's number plate says "JAAM" ).

Lol The Shoulder Hurt Comment was so funny!!!!
    I actually like that figure, but I don't own the figure so my experience is limited to good photos on the internet lol. So I might be wrong lmao!

I am a little bit drawn to Fisher Paykel Price toys lmao!

edit: Fisher Paykel instead of Fisher Price lol

The soundchip on my RID Powersurge/hero Starscream just went off (calling for Decepticons or something) while on one of the shelves behind me at the back of the room... scared the crap outta me.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The soundchip on my RID Powersurge/hero Starscream just went off (calling for Decepticons or something) while on one of the shelves behind me at the back of the room... scared the crap outta me.
    Have you tried chanting:

The power of Christ compels you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

While we're on the topic of RID Power Surge TF, Target Deerpark had 3 Power Surge Bumblebees .... each one missing it's mini-con Buzzstrike. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    While we're on the topic of RID Power Surge TF, Target Deerpark had 3 Power Surge Bumblebees .... each one missing it's mini-con Buzzstrike. >_<
    What is with the kids in Melbourne? The three at Brimbank Target were also missing their Buzzstrikes too.

Have you tried chanting:

The power of Prime compels you.
    Fix'd.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    What is with the kids in Melbourne? The three at Brimbank Target were also missing their Buzzstrikes too.
    I wonder if it's kids or collectors who want these Mini-Cons (as they do prominently appear in the TV show) but don't want to purchase these toys just to get them. Not at all justifying or endorsing this action, but just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wonder if it's kids or collectors who want these Mini-Cons (as they do prominently appear in the TV show) but don't want to purchase these toys just to get them. Not at all justifying or endorsing this action, but just wondering.
    Depending on how clean the packaging was opened, probably teenage fans. Sounds similar to how in certain areas the Kmarts/Targets/BigWs will always have a couple of empty Lego Minifig blind packs or missing Minifigs from those DK Lego books. The foiled packaging they come in are hard as hell for most adults to rip through - some appear torn by animals or cut through with scissors/blade.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!