Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

someone already posted breaking the barrel within the first week, so much for long life.

The barrel is designed to rotate one way a short distance (to center it on the face of the gun). The pics of that break show the barrel contained in the extension suggesting the person is an idiot who tried to pull it off by random twisting and tugging.

Seibertron has a letter from a TF reseller urging caution when using Megatron and even going as far as to say don't use the silencer at all plus they have a bunch of pictures of him in broken states.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...egatron/37710/

I will be not transforming him if he is shipped in robot mode and if he is shipped in gun mode I will transform him once.

Those pics are the same few that keeps circulating everywhere spinning people into a frenzy worrying about mass QC issues.

I think with all modern day TF toys the key is to take care when transforming, and check out one of the many vid reviews online as a few do it very well showing in detail on how some part needs more care and gotchas.

Alot of fans man handle their toys. When it comes to MP, whilst I love to work out how to transform them myself, I watch videos. Last thing I want to do is break it

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Alot of fans man handle their toys. When it comes to MP, whilst I love to work out how to transform them myself, I watch videos. Last thing I want to do is break it
    I normally follow instructions and when stuck, youtube.
    Seriously no point using the force trying to figure and break things.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Yeah, some "simpler" bots like Sideswipe and the jets can handle a bit of stress but all iterations of Megatron I've had like MP5 and Appolyon have been complex with small parts. He will definitely be a careful instruction led toy for me to transform.

A Transformer is 3 toys, a robot, a vehicle or other alt mode and a puzzle. If Takara are making toys that can be broken easily when trying to figure out the puzzle then they have failed.

I have not read instructions in about 5 years and I should not be forced to read them or watch Optibotimus transform it without breakage.
    Last edited by griffin; 8th April 2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: reported derogatory term

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    A Transformer is 3 toys, a robot, a vehicle or other alt mode and a puzzle. If Takara are making toys that can be broken easily when trying to figure out the puzzle then they have failed.

I have not read instructions in about 5 years and I should not be forced to read them or watch a douchebag like Optibotimus to transform it without breakage.
    I agree with pretty much all of this but I don't think there is anything wrong with reading the instructions, especially if they give tips on how to use your $200 toy correctly

Has anyone else received their MP Megatron from HLJ? I just got mine but it's been double taped. I'm assuming its factory double taped, but I wanted to check if anyone else who bought from HLJ had the same thing? Double tape doesn't really bother me if its from the factory (OT - but I've been getting double tape on all my MP's at least since Ironhde. Am I just unlucky, or is double tape the new norm?) but after all the confusion with the orange plugs, I got a bit worried I may have gotten an altered one. I bought this to keep sealed, so I don't want to open it in case it is unaltered. So thought I'd ask the question.