Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mambo Transformers clothing for Australia

Default Mambo Transformers clothing for Australia

Straight from Hasbro Australia comes news about some new Transformers clothing for adults.

After about 4 years of adult clothing items at JayJays, with most of it being fairly successful, a new adult clothing range is coming to a BigW store near you.... brought to you by Mambo clothing.

Mambo is a clothing range that began in Australia three decades ago, and remains an iconic brand in this country, featuring the recognisable "farting dog" logo.

Starting December 1st at BigW, Mambo Transformers clothing will begin with t-shirts, shorts and hats. Below are some sample images of what to expect (more may follow).

Press Release from Hasbro...

CULTURAL ICONS MAMBO AND TRANSFORMERS LAUNCH
    BOYS CLOTHING – “MAMBO-TRON’’ FOR CHRISTMAS

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA –November, 2012 – Global branded play company Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS) has joined forces with Australia’s icon brand Mambo to produce an exclusive collection that fuses the art style and humour of Mambo with the appeal of TRANSFORMERS characters and iconography.

The TRANSFORMERS brand has a large fan base due to the multiple consumer touch points which has kept it at the forefront of popular culture thanks to hugely successful TRANSFORMERS movies, animated TV series, toys, video games and publishing.

“We at Hasbro are excited by the creative interpretations of our beloved TRANSFORMERS characters. The Mambo art style and humour are on-trend, relevant and uniquely Australian” says George Khoury, Customer Marketing and Licensing Director.

With a history of bringing artwork and sense of cheeky Aussie humour to many brand collaborations, Mambo is thrilled to be adding a globally recognised and much loved brand like TRANSFORMERS to its portfolio. When the opportunity rose to give this iconic brand an extraterrestrial
    coat of graphically enhanced humour, the team at Mambo grabbed it with both animatronic hands.

Mambo Mens and Youth Designer Brent Smith explains, "I grew up entrenched in both Mambo and TRANSFORMERS, so it was a true pleasure to merge the two cultural icons. Using inspiration from Aussie cars, local fauna and all our stereotypical attributes, we injected some humour and Mambo DNA into the Autobots”.

Answering every boy’s dream, the very affordable range priced between $20- $30 will be available exclusively at Big W stores nationally from December 1, 2012. The collection features a core range of boys summer basics – tees, raglans, boardshorts and caps - offered in classic colours, featuring exclusive prints that fuse the iconic Mambo farting dog with the TRANSFORMERS characters.

About Hasbro
    HASBRO (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world-class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative, well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company’s Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.”

Learn more at www.hasbro.com.au

So, from the six items revealed above, which are the ones you'd buy? (in case someone from Hasbro, Mambo or BigW wanted to see what dedicated fans think, and intend to buy)

If there were some Decepticon based items, I'd very much consider a couple of them.

Sweet....

I'll buy the 2nd tee and the hat of the same design.

Megatron Guest

None; don't like them.

Yeah, I also don't think I would buy any of these. They're as generic as the latest JayJay's clothing range... very uninspiring. It's almost as if they're just playing it safe.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Not interested , dont think its a good mix with TF & Mambo

I think hipsters would wear these.

i'd probably take the board shorts if they're on sale.

I'm really keen on the boardies actually.