Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Board relocation failed! Now for plan B, or C, or something...

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yes, a banner pointing out the donation scheme would be good. Or even more simply, outline it upon new user registration.

I agree with a few others that custom titles and other glaringly obvious class divides arn't the way to go and do make regular users feel useless. *cough*TFW2005*cough*

I'm more for having a page listing the donars instead. Not how much they pay, but just the fact they donated. It's something that lets the e-peen grow, yet not be in the way, and if someone does want to play the elitist card to make themselves feel better during a differing of opinions, then they can go and check it out for themselves.

As for a google ad mentioned earlier, go for it. But I dunno how well it would work with their ad sense stuff as I don't think there are many australian toy vendors using google ads. I feel a sponsor might be needed. Put to a vote of course on who we think are the best Australian dealers, and right now, there arn't any, best vendors are all in Japan. Actually, maybe stores like toyworld and toykingdom would be good starters if they were interested.
    ________
    LAMBORGHINI LM004 SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I'm more for having a page listing the donars instead. Not how much they pay, but just the fact they donated. It's something that lets the e-peen grow, yet not be in the way, and if someone does want to play the elitist card to make themselves feel better during a differing of opinions, then they can go and check it out for themselves.
    Personally I don't think this is any different in that it still creates a divide.

I don't think we need any recognition at all. I mean if 20 of us contributed $10 bucks each, that'd be more than enough to cover the board, from the costing that I've seen Griffin mention here and there. It's like paying your subs for ur footy/cricket club. Keeps the place going and i think its time we lend Griffin a hand out here.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I don't think we need any recognition at all. I mean if 20 of us contributed $10 bucks each, that'd be more than enough to cover the board, from the costing that I've seen Griffin mention here and there. It's like paying your subs for ur footy/cricket club. Keeps the place going and i think its time we lend Griffin a hand out here.
    Agreed.

Isnt the warm fuzzy feeling in you sub cockles area enough?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

"Doing good in itself is the reward, so when you do good deeds, don't make a big fuss about it or shout it out to everyone, because then you are doing good deeds simply to get praise or rewards and acting out of impure motives."
    - paraphrase of the words of a wise man

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Agreed.

That sounds so wrong for some reason.....
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    and if someone does want to play the elitist card to make themselves feel better during a differing of opinions, then they can go and check it out for themselves.
    A very good point. The ranking system does have the flaw of being abused and exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Nod nod. I think lcz128 summed it up best:

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Yeah - I'd be happy to donate - and really - the board and the community is its own reward It'd bethe least we can do for griffin after all he's already done for us
    Do we really need any more appreciation? We're all already welcomed as members of this nice community.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Agreed.

The feelings in my sub cockles area is none your business Mr Trunks

BTW I'm with the majority here. I too believe that there is no need for recognition. I feel if you want to contribute then you should PM Griff and sort it out privately.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Personally I don't think this is any different in that it still creates a divide.
    I suggested it thinking it was at least better than ranking. But you're right, it does still create a divide. :/

From this thread we can easily see that many fans are happy to contribute without any extra appreciation. I think we should all be appreciating the board and community, not the other way around.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I do agree with you. My idea was less harsh than a blatently obvious "reward" system, but overall I do agree that there really should be no visible differences, even custom titles.

An acknowlegement of recieving the donation (so we know he got it), and a quick thank you from Griffin (through email), is all I'd be happy with.

I do like the competition idea that Gok mentioned though, but should we make that as part of a list of donars that only Griffin knows, and is kept to emails, and not this board, or just general board wide? Maybe, just maybe, the newsletter can be revived for paying members? Just some ideas that I'm not entirely attached to either way.
    ________
    Penny Stock Picks
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:44 AM.