Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2434394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

I've only just recently started purchasing the regular monthly releases of a few comics series, Transformers and Batman, and was just wondering how people store theirs. Mine are just stacking up atm, but I would prefer to have them a bit more protected.

TPBs and hardcovers are easy as they just sit on the bookshelf. I guess my monthlies could as well, if jammed between two bookends or the like.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Your comic store will have the best method - bags and boards. (Just make sure you get the right size bags. There's different ones for older larger comics etc. Ask your comic store, they'll give you the right ones)

The bags and boards are acid-free, so they'll keep them in good shape. It also means you can't accidentally crease/tear them in a pile.

Then you can buy special cardboard boxes (again, your comic store should have these) which fit a couple of hundred of comics in. They're in two sizes - small and large. I prefer the small, but YMMV.

Altogether = perfect.

You'll find you have a lot more space, and that it's now so much more convenient to find a certain issue than digging through a jenga-style stack of unsorted comics.

Thanks for that Cat, those sound just like the sort of storage solutions I'm looking for.

If anyone from the city of churches is reading this, would love to hear where you shop for you comic book supplies. The store I get mine from is pretty small and is essentially just comics, so don't like my chances of him carrying the items Cat has mentioned.

I'll have a look next time I'm there though.

I'm lazy and cheap so I don't use the boards. I just put two comics in the same bag (one facing front, one facing back). This saves me money (I only need half the number of bags and no boards) and two comics gives it enough firmness for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sworc View Post
    Thanks for that Cat, those sound just like the sort of storage solutions I'm looking for.

If anyone from the city of churches is reading this, would love to hear where you shop for you comic book supplies. The store I get mine from is pretty small and is essentially just comics, so don't like my chances of him carrying the items Cat has mentioned.

I'll have a look next time I'm there though.
    Adelaide Comics Centre & Pulp Fiction are your best bet.

Default It's Time for the Prime!

Wasn't too sure where I should put this, so...

Here it is; the printed front cover of that comic I've been talking about for the past few weeks. Needless to say, OTCAers get the very first look as promised.

Even better in colour!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Even better in colour!
    Kudos. Here's the larger cover and part 1 of the press release:

http://paulagnew.deviantart.com/art/...-159-301370144

After earlier this year rdeucing my trade collection, I'm now slashing and burning my comic book collection. I'm almost all the way through it and there's a lot in the purge pile. As a benefit I have the best inventory of my comics I've had in a very long time.

The core X-Men books (and most of my Transformers titles naturally) are the only ones getting a free pass. I may need a second even more ruthless go through on them when I'm done on the first pass.

I checked my Comixology account and found I'm up to 266 digital comics and counting. That format has won me over for new comics (like the TF ones) that I can't wait for the trade for. Many of my comics have been in my long boxes for years. I reread my trades paperbacks, but I don't tend to revisit the individual comics anymore.

I'd prefer to upgrade as many comics for collected versions were I can. They are just more appealing to read to me now for the stories I really like. After reading some websites I've even been thinking a lot lately about comic binding. I've looked at some local companies that might be able to help, but would have to consider it against quotes. Anyone else looked at this?

I just pirate singles and buy the trades i like.