Page 53 of 154 FirstFirst ... 334348495051525354555657586373 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

with todays technology wonder why they dont add light and sounds to todays lego sets

ive been eyeing off the lego sets....so glad ive resisted lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    with todays technology wonder why they dont add light and sounds to todays lego sets

ive been eyeing off the lego sets....so glad ive resisted lol!
    Erm, light and sound has been in Lego sets since forever. The latest Agents Robot set has a lighted-brick arm blaster, last years Agents Turbocar had a sound brick, the early Exoforce sets had light bricks and the some of the Creator sets include lightbricks. Even Chansformer's Space Police SP-Striker has light and sound and that was released in 1989!!
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Erm, light and sound has been in Lego sets since forever. The latest Agents Robot set has a lighted-brick arm blaster, last years Agents Turbocar had a sound brick, the early Exoforce sets had light bricks and the some of the Creator sets include lightbricks. Even Chansformer's Space Police SP-Striker has light and sound and that was released in 1989!!
    yeah i saw that youd think they would add more today and maybe more technical aswell - thats what i was getting at

The good thing about Lego is that it doesn't need gimmicks to make the toy. Building the toy is the gimmick! And the times where light/sound features are used they compliment the toy rather than dominate it. So it comes down to not why they don't add light/sound but rather why should they.

Picked up the last Power Miners set I needed, Underground Mining Station:

I highly recommend this set - the towline function works a treat and the build is enjoyable. Even better if you can get it discounted (used the 20% off voucher last week at TRU).

Other sets I got round to finally building, having acquired them during the last round of sales:

Wooohoo, I got a Crane Truck! Picking it up this afternoon for $199 from K Mart

Has anyone got the Telescopic Handler? I'm in two minds, I'd like it but just don't know if I'll enjoy it as much as the other Technic kits I have. Four wheel steering, raise and lower loads, sounds good, but .... I just don't know! If you have this kit, let me know if you liked it!

Also it's available from Target at 20% off right now, which ends on Wednesday...

Oh. My. God. I wasn't quite prepared for how BIG the Crane Truck box really is... it's ginormous! Now to find the time to actually start constructing it!!

Patience is a virtue...

Picked up the Dropship/AT-OT set for $212 at Kmart thanks to clearance price of $250 and the 15% off sale. Stoked.

The only down side is that it's technically a Christmas present, so I have to wait till December to start building the bad boy.

Also noticed that a few of the other Kmarts I went to today in Hobart had pulled them off the shelves and had them sitting at the service desk...I'm guessing that someone must have realised that $212 is getting close to (or under) cost price...?

Now if I can hold out a bit longer I might even be able to pick up one of the straggler Death Star sets using the same method - anything under $400 would be good IMO. Still waiting for that to garner any kind of clearance price at all, so could be a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Now if I can hold out a bit longer I might even be able to pick up one of the straggler Death Star sets using the same method - anything under $400 would be good IMO. Still waiting for that to garner any kind of clearance price at all, so could be a long wait.
    Those pretty much went to. I hardly see them at all.
    I know of 2 that are sitting out back at the one my friend works at , and that is all I have seen of them after the big sale they had
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|