Thread: Perfect Effect PC-04 Review

Default Perfect Effect PC-04 Review

Just thought I'd chuck up a few of my thoughts about the second upgrade kit for Menasor.

O'll start off by saying I don't usually buy upgrade kids (this is like my 2nd ever) but Menasor having that big rectangular crotch & stance coupled with the long flat shoulders was really making him look crap next to all the other CW gestalts which I now all have (well those that have been released anyway). He needed something to fix him up so I shelled out $30US and grabbed it.

Overall I'm pretty impressed! It really does make the figure look a helluva lot better! My crappy camera and skills with it do not do the upgrade justice. He looks much better proportioned, the boxy crotch has gone and the bigger head with the shoulder vents really makes him look bigger overall. The added length to the sword is quite cool if you are into that waaay-oversized anime look for weapons.

Couple of downsides. It forces his legs to be apart. Now if you have the first upgrade kit for Menasor (bigger/better hands & feet) maybe that isn't a problem as he has bigger stompers to stand on. But I've found him very hard to balance since putting on the upgrade because of his new stance. I've had to wiggle the foot pegs 70% out of their holes then stand him up so they kind of move to the sides as the wieght pushes them back in. This allows Menasor to stand unaided but a faint breexe will knock him over. The other downside is that when you take the original Menasor head apart it pretty much falls to bits and is really hard to put back together so I reccomend only replacing the head if you dont intend to ever put it back on (or like me you have both the Tak/Tom & Hasbro versions).

Besides these nit-picks, I reckon this is well worth getting and you will be surprised how much better it makes CW Menasor look

my motormaster had bad leg joints to begin with so i'm not sure how much the kit helped his stance really. however it may be the legs are the wrong way around? im pretty sure that following the instructions in the kit you should have motormasters legs turned around so the black feet parts are facing behind him, not like the way you have in the photo. see if that does anything different? i've found the new sword to heavy for the hands as well. but overall i really like the look of him now.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    my motormaster had bad leg joints to begin with so i'm not sure how much the kit helped his stance really. however it may be the legs are the wrong way around? im pretty sure that following the instructions in the kit you should have motormasters legs turned around so the black feet parts are facing behind him, not like the way you have in the photo. see if that does anything different? i've found the new sword to heavy for the hands as well. but overall i really like the look of him now.
    Yeah I had him as per the instructions but his stance was worse. The way I have them turned in the pic was the way that seemed to work best, plus I thought it looked pretty cool

ok cool well i might try that on mine and see if it improves!

Ok I adjusted my Motormaster to like how you have him and I think is just a little less floppy. I think it looks slightly cleaner how I had him before but I might leave him as he is for now

Are you getting the other upgrade kit for hands/feet? The hands I'm not too fussed about but I really find it hard to look at those feet now that I have the PE ones!