Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reissue Hasbro MP Optimus as MP-10

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    one of the fans in that mp-10 video says something like they are impressed with all the die-cast metal in the figure....i thought it was basically just the feet and the matrix??
    and a little in his spine, but you're right. There's probably 20 grams of die-cast in that figure & here they are gushing over it

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

probably lifted MP-1 and mistook it for mp-10. lol

This toy has now been officially announced as this year's ToysRUs Transformers exclusive at SDCC, which will mean a first release at that event, and then in TRU stores in America soon after.

Considering the character, I would think that it will be released here... but if it comes to ToysRUs, expect it to be a lot more than the previous releases.

The reissued Masterpiece Gen1 Optimus figure comes out in America after SDCC at the end of the month, but it has already been found at ToysRUs in Canada, so could show up here soon too (if we are getting it).

The packaging confirms that Hasbro are using TakaraTomy's Masterpiece numbering, with this one labelled as MP-10. The question now is, will there be one labelled as MP-9, or is this just copying the Japanese number, just for convenience (and so that it doesn't confuse fans as much as a new MP number for the same mould would do).

The price just keeps getting more and more expensive for each release of this figure too... now at about US$200, which would be at least AU$300 if we get it here.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The reissued Masterpiece Gen1 Optimus figure comes out in America after SDCC at the end of the month, but it has already been found at ToysRUs in Canada, so could show up here soon too (if we are getting it).

The packaging confirms that Hasbro are using TakaraTomy's Masterpiece numbering, with this one labelled as MP-10. The question now is, will there be one labelled as MP-9, or is this just copying the Japanese number, just for convenience (and so that it doesn't confuse fans as much as a new MP number for the same mould would do).

The price just keeps getting more and more expensive for each release of this figure too... now at about US$200, which would be at least AU$300 if we get it here.
    Didn't our tru's charge that much for the takara mp10 they sold here?

I'd be shocked if they sold more or they get a small stocking...well smaller than mp hasbro starscream, got lucky with him that's for sure

Yeah I'm sure it was 299 AU at toys r us here. And it didn't even seem that long go. I wonder if they sold enough at that price to justify getting it again.

Do not buy so that they'll lower the price. I remember people not buying Hasbro MP Grimlock and Rodimus and Takara Ghost Starscream which ultimately went on clearance.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Do not buy so that they'll lower the price. I remember people not buying Hasbro MP Grimlock and Rodimus and Takara Ghost Starscream which ultimately went on clearance.
    and maybe they will decide to cancel bringing in the line as nobody is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    They should.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    People are so used to high profit margins that they don't think about what's sustainable.
    This is the same with a lot of industries.