View Poll Results: Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

4 7.55%
  • Blurr

0 0%
  • Kup

0 0%
  • Jazz

18 33.96%
  • Mirage

0 0%
  • Hound

6 11.32%
  • Sunstreaker

4 7.55%
  • Blaster

3 5.66%
  • Galvatron

5 9.43%
  • Cyclonus

2 3.77%
  • Scourge

0 0%
  • Blitzwing

2 3.77%
  • Astrotrain

3 5.66%
  • Insecticons

2 3.77%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

4 7.55%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I trust that you’ve all moved to Japan so you can vote/nominate the characters you want on their geoblocked feedback survey.
    Nah, straight through to the keeper. Same goes with Amazon JP but, you know, you need a Japan address for Straylians.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    G2 Beachcomber would also be a possible repaint.
    Would buy!

Fair point on the others.

Still doubt they'll ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Would buy!

Fair point on the others.

Still doubt they'll ever happen
    We can always hope/dream

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I trust that you’ve all moved to Japan so you can vote/nominate the characters you want on their geoblocked feedback survey.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

FatalityPitt Guest

I was thinking that for the Masterpiece line, Takara likes to milk its moulds by offering lots of repaints/retools. You know which G1 character has lots of repaints? BRUTICUS

There’s G1 and G2 Bruticus, Battle Gaia, Ruination/Baldigus, etc. There’s loads of repaint potential with Bruticus/Combaticons, and I’m sure there’s a crazy rich collector out there who’d be willing to collect all the repaints (or more than one at least). If not, I’m sure there’s at least a market for some of the individual Combaticons like Swindle, Brawl, etc..

There hasn’t yet been a combiner in the Masterpiece line yet, and even though it could be quite an expensive set (take your average price of a Masterpiece and multiply it by 5); I still think it could be done.

From a consumer standpoint, buying all the 5 Combaticons in one hit would be convenient because you’d then be able to form Bruticus right away, but it’ll be very expensive. Maybe the way to go would be to buy them individually (if the Combaticons are offered as individual releases than a set), then buy them in piecemeal whenever you can afford one. From a Marketing perspective, Takara could release the Combaticons seasonally, i.e. Vortex in Spring, Brawl in Summer, Onslaught in Autumn, etc. At the same time they’d avoid their risk of the collectors buying all the Combaticons at once, then losing interest in Masterpeice after that. I’m sure they’d love to keep the consumer waiting for the next release and staying invested in MPs over a longer period. It’d be a penile move of Takara’s part, but it’d be a smart move.

So yeah, I think Bruticus/Combaticons would be a pretty smart choice for a Masterpiece release(s).

On a different note, should we remake this poll in another thread? It’s almost 2 years old, and few of the choices (Sunstreaker and Hound) are pretty much redundant.

Another way to look at it is how many requested toys have been realised as actual MPs. On this poll, which I'm sure that TakaraTOMY never looks at, 2/14 or 14% have been made as toys. If we look at the list of available toys that were on the TakaraTOMY official survey just before the geoblocking, we can see the following options:

...and the last option that lets you freely nominate whichever character you wanted to see, so we weren't just limited to what was only on the poll. But we've had 8/17 or 47% of those options become actual MP toys. Not too bad. And as you can see, TakaraTOMY's been giving us the option to vote for gestalts for a while -- and non-Japanese residents could have easily voted for them before the geoblocking (and even now it's still possible if you have a VPN - but the poll that I'm showing was available before the geoblocking, so anyone could have voted on that).

I personally would love to see TakaraTOMY prioritise on finishing the rest of G1 Year 1.

The Decepticons have all been done years ago, and there only a handful of Autobots left. We know that they can't do the Porsches yet, and Hound is next, but we've got the likes of Trailbreaker, Huffer, Mirage, Brawn, Gears and Windcharger left to go. My dream is to be able to collect the rest of the original gang as MPs!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

On this poll, which I'm sure that TakaraTOMY never looks at
    Takara was never the intended audience of this thread at the time it was made, nor was it intended to compete with their poll (which I never knew existed at the time). This was just a leisurely poll/thread to spark a leisurely discussion among us fans on what we think would be cool to see in the future. That's part of how Transformers fans bond with each other.

Lol What’s the point of having any poll on this site if TakaraTOMY will never see it?

You’re the OP, FP, go ahead and remake it.

Also Jazz got two more votes in the last day alone. Nice.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Lol What’s the point of having any poll on this site if TakaraTOMY will never see it?
    I think that had already been answered very well:

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Takara was never the intended audience of this thread at the time it was made, nor was it intended to compete with their poll (which I never knew existed at the time). This was just a leisurely poll/thread to spark a leisurely discussion among us fans on what we think would be cool to see in the future. That's part of how Transformers fans bond with each other.
    And considering the thread has been going for near 2 years I would argue it's been a success regarding it's goal

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post

You’re the OP, FP, go ahead and remake it.

Also Jazz got two more votes in the last day alone. Nice.
    It is done

It's there if people want to partake in it, but if people who answered this thread 2 years ago (or fairly recently) find it repetitive, they can ignore it