Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG W 2 day only online sale (19th and 20th)

Default BIG W 2 day only online sale (19th and 20th)

Last edited by griffin; 19th March 2019 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added direct links to BigW site

And the Big W web site is not cooperating for me. Search seems busted.

It's so frustrating that they random pick transformers. If I could specify I'd order, but I can't so I won't.

it even says to go in to your local store if you want a specific item, but the sale isn't valid in store.. . .
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    It's so frustrating that they random pick transformers. If I could specify I'd order, but I can't so I won't.

it even says to go in to your local store if you want a specific item, but the sale isn't valid in store.. . .
    They won't even let you get more than 1 piece per product... I keep getting "Your order exceeds the blah blah blah"... totally put off by that.

I was going to get quite a few but now I'm not getting anything now as it's ticked me off.

Smart way to move your products BigW

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

That was so frustrating about the TRU site. And Kmart and Target still do it as well.

Really, these businesses need to wise up if they wanna sell online - otherwise people are going to go to other sites and pay the extra $4 or whatever to get the specific product they want

The search results for "Transformers" shows that the Trading Cards and Ooshies figurines are also 25% off, and some of the licensed clothing.... but not the DVDs or costumes.

It's actually Hasbro's fault, not the retailers. There's only one SKU per size (legends, voyager etc) so unless you create your own reference for each model you can't track them.

At least that's what one of the employees told me back in the day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bato View Post
    It's actually Hasbro's fault, not the retailers. There's only one SKU per size (legends, voyager etc) so unless you create your own reference for each model you can't track them.

At least that's what one of the employees told me back in the day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That's correct but then Caseys toys (or was it uncle petes) are able to list items by their character name. As do Amazon. It would be a lot easier if the figures were individually barcoded but that would lead to 4 times as much data entry for someone, probably at big W.

It still makes ordering online from them a crapshoot, and when they complain about buyers shopping elsewhere, this is the type of process they should be taking a hard look at.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

SKU's are used at a store level when ordering cases, printing labels etc.
    UPC's are on individual products. It all comes down to how much $$$$ a company is prepared to invest in data entry as UM pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The search results for "Transformers" shows that the Trading Cards and Ooshies figurines are also 25% off, and some of the licensed clothing.... but not the DVDs or costumes.
    Well i've been thinking since yesterday to get the card game but the young me who got broke with Magic The Gathering says no. Will try going in store if they let me and could be the decider to grab it and try to resist splurging on more