Thread: Digibash requests - unproduced FunPub BotCon toys

Default Digibash requests - unproduced FunPub BotCon toys

This isn't something I need... nor am I asking that people jump on this, as this is more for curiosity (and I'm not experienced at doing digibahes).

Basically, last year's BotCon had a presentation of FunPub BotCon toy ideas that never happened (NOT any of the 3H unproduced toys which we already know about), and even though they showed us all the ideas as photoshopped or painted toys, we weren't allowed to take photos... which leaves us to wonder what they might have looked like (as I wasn't able to memorise any of them).

So... below is the list of what they showed us, and what the characters would have been, and if there is something that you are keen to see what it might have looked like, post it up (with a note or watermark to say it is your image, plus any notation of its source if the original image is from someone else's site)... and if they are any good, I might add them to the BotCon report here (which is why it needs the notation or watermark so that you get the credit for it).
    If you don't want your image used on that report page, just note it in your post.

The slide show of SOME of the scrapped concepts and ideas over the years, split into two categories - NEVER and ALMOST.

The "Almost" category are toys that could well show up down the track somewhere, but don't expect it, as there may never be a spot for them, or the molds are no longer available later.
    (no photography was allowed)

In the "NEVER gonna happen" category...
    Gen1 Hardshell/Bombshell - from Classics Straxus
    JP Megabolt/Overlord - from VOY TF2 Mindwipe
    Animated Hubcap - from Animated Soundwave
    Gen1 Predaking - from TM2 Tigerhawk
    Pre-TFs Marlboro - from Anim/TF2? Lockdown
    Femme Fatale (female Cykill) - from TFPrime Arcee (not First Edition)
    Shattered Glass Stranglehold - from Anim/TF2? Lockdown (with mustache)
    Scrash/Euro Skyquake & King Atlas & Dai Atlas - all from 2008 Universe Silverbolt
    Turbomasters Boxset (Scorch/yellow, Boss/blue, Hurricane/white, Flash/red, Thunderclash/truck) - from TFPrime molds Ironhide/yellow, Wheeljack/blue, Smokescreen/white, Bumblebee/red, Ultra Magnus/truck.
    My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle Prime - a purple Beast Machines Battle Unicorn

In the "ALMOST happened" category...
    Gen1 Ransack - from FOC Kickback (almost was a Pirate this year)
    Pirate Cannonball - from TFPrime Wheeljack
    Pirate Megabolt - from TFPrime Skyquake
    2014 Gen1 Bumper - from TFPrime Rumble
    Crosshairs & Pinpointer - from Generations Kup w/ Micron
    Strika - from Animated VOY Bulkhead
    Bruton (from Gen1 3D comics) - from FOC VOY Grimlock or TFPrime? Bulkhead
    2013 Machine Wars Prowl - from Classics Mirage
    2013 Machine Wars Hubcap - from Classics Kup

2011 Boxset went through a lot of changes, before they ended up doing the Animated Stunticons...
    First - Shattered Glass Beast Wars
    Then - Classics Stunticons
    Then - (Assorted) Animated - see next paragraph*
    Then - Animated Stunticons

*The 2011 (Assorted) Animated set would have had Gen2 Sideswipe (which we got that year), Jackpot (a subscription figure the next year), and three unknowns - a lime/white Megatron, cream colored Ratchet, & something I didn't get to write down.
    The at-show figures would have been - Bugbite (from JP Hydrodive Bumblebee), Toxitron (from JP Wingblade Optimus), Kup (from DLX Cybertron Optimus), "Armada" Wheeljack (from Rodimus), Tigatron (also from Rodimus), Shokaract (from JP VOY Blackout), Springer (from Swindle)... and a 3-pack of Flamewar, Atagony & Nightracer from the Arcee mold.

In 2007 they were given the slight possibility that Alternators could be on the table, so they put together a 4-pack boxset proposal just in case... but it didn't end up happening.
    The four toys would have been Galvatron (from Wheeljack), Cyclonus (from Mirage), Ultra Magnus (from Optimus) and Rodimus (from something he couldn't remember... probably the Rodimus mold).

The final figure reveal for the night was... Rodimouse - Transmetal Rattrap colored like Rodimus Prime. (I'm not sure what this would have been for, or if they were being serious, because it would go well with Ultra Mammoth.)

Have fun...

I'd happily have a go at some of these, but too much work on at the moment. Will come back to this thread later

I did send TFCC an email stating how cool it would be to get the Turbomasters but as classics not from TF Prime figures.

I also mentioned more stuff from Animated like

Brawn from Soundwave

I know I said a few more, but I am at work and can only think of that TFA one at the moment.

we did get Scorch (as "Turbomaster") from the Hound mould didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    we did get Scorch (as "Turbomaster") from the Hound mould didn't we?
    Yes, for the Gen2/Euro themed year in 2010.

Since their proposed Turbomasters were going to use some 2012 TFPrime moulds, they must have considered a Turbomaster theme only recently... like, only in the last two years.