Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Farewell! Amy and Rory
    Last edited by jazzcomp; 1st October 2012 at 01:56 PM.

Such a good episode!

Was actually crying man-tears at a number of points in the episode. I loved River Song's return appearance, and the way she just understands the Doctor is fantastic. The perfect complement to the Doctor, and I can think of none better to make the perfect wife for the Doctor.

I think one of the neat things about the Doctor's new companion, is that he never met Oswin Oswauld in person, so if there is indeed a connection between the two, he's not going to know. It's going to be interesting to see things play out. If there's been one thing that Stephen Moffat has been good at is the long-term mystery with large pay-off at the final reveal.

aaargh missed it, stupid channel has very poor reception , that I forgot to go to it... must watch it online instead, love River Song character!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I initially wasn't fond of Matt Smith but he has grown on me and now I've caught up on all the recent series. Latest episode was ok- was kind of wondering where Amy and Rory would part company and wasn't really expecting it to happen as it did. I'm intrigued on how the rest of the new series will play out.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Yeah, it's very tough to replace David T.

Bought 'The Ambassadors of Death' from JB today - it's the last Doctor Who story that still exists on film that I have not seen.

Also took advantage of JBs sale and bought the Ace adventures box set for half-price. I did not like the Seventh Doctor's TV shows when I first watched them, but if the price is right....

The Seventh Doctor is the only Doctor who's had some form of contact with the Transformers' universe. (re: Death's Head & the Crossroads of Time)

Not quite - the Eighth Doctor is aware of it, albeit only in a fictional state.

This is from TV Tropes. I have read the book it's from, but can't remember which one it is.

"Someone," Compassion said, "has been watching too much Saturday-morning TV."
    "There was a time when it always seemed to be Saturday when I was on Earth, and the children's programmes were excellent, if my memory doesn't cheat." He made folding motions with his hand and muttered something that sounded to Fitz like "robots in disguise". The Doctor grinned, disarmingly.

Ah-ha! It's from The Taking of Planet 5... which is about fictional things becoming real, so who's to say whatever the Doctor watched didn't become real? As real as things can get in fiction anyway
    Last edited by snaketales; 4th October 2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: found what book it's in

I'm talking about in-universe encounters, not 'fictitious' ones. The Seventh Doctor encountered Death's Head who had a slight advantage over him being Transformer sized -- the Doctor ended up shrinking Death's Head down to human size and then transported him out of the Transformers' universe.

In terms of in-universe fictitious encounters, Starscream once did pick up a broadcast of Revelation of the Daleks featuring the Sixth Doctor. Then there's the Decepticon ruler Octus whose alt mode is a Dalek Travel Machine.

Death's Head was already out of the Transformers universe when he met the Doctor - they collided in the time vortex (in The Crossroads of Time) after Death's Head had jumped into Unicron's time portal at the end of the Legacy of Unicron.

Addition: by the way, in this case I'm refering to 'universe' as a physical space. In terms of 'universe' as encompassing the characters within the Transformers milieu then Death's Head is still in there.

My head hurts now