Page 480 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 460470475476477478479480481482483484485490500 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I agree with pretty much everything said regarding comics, I tend to always collect in TPB's myself though as I'm tight and can't justify the single issue costs.

TPB's also tend to look very good on your sehelf.
    check out TF wiki for issu listings etc.

Larger comic shops have a fair bit of TPB stock at the moment too due to the third movie coming out last year, they all stocked up good for catching up.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything said regarding comics, I tend to always collect in TPB's myself though as I'm tight and can't justify the single issue costs.

TPB's also tend to look very good on your sehelf.
    check out TF wiki for issu listings etc.

Larger comic shops have a fair bit of TPB stock at the moment too due to the third movie coming out last year, they all stocked up good for catching up.
    This is what I do. Wait for the TPB to come out. They usually release one every 6 or so issues so this is how I will be reading the ongoing series. For the same raeasons as UM, a bit cheaper and easier to store/look after.

Yeah, I agree that TPBs are much better value. I collect individual issues cos I'm impatient. It's also more satisfying to read TPBs, cos the way American comics written these days they're very "light" reads per individual issues. It's certainly not like the 1980s/90s Marvel comics which were more "chunky" and chock full of stuff. Nowadays it takes much less time to read through a single ish. When you get a TPB you don't notice it; each issue feels like just another chapter and you just keep reading on.

Another advantage -- you don't have to wait a month between each chapter! Just gotta be careful to avoid spoilers I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Another advantage -- you don't have to wait a month between each chapter! Just gotta be careful to avoid spoilers I suppose.
    spoiler avoidance can be tricky, especially with comic reviews popping up in the transformers podcasts these days.

spoiler avoidance can be tricky, especially with comic reviews popping up in the transformers podcasts these days.
    Luckily the only one I listen to makes every effort possible to avoid spoilers; or if they're going to discuss spoiler-ish details of anything, they make a very loud and clear prior notification.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Luckily the only one I listen to makes every effort possible to avoid spoilers; or if they're going to discuss spoiler-ish details of anything, they make a very loud and clear prior notification.
    I drive 45 minutes to work each way each day so I listen to at least 4 different ones...

I drive 45 minutes to work each way each day so I listen to at least 4 different ones...
    Ah ok, so a 'one podcast per day' sort of approach?

Sorry I couldn't find this anywhere, but does anyone know where I can get this cheaper apart from evil-bay?

http://www.transformers-prime.com/tr...3a+prime/10974

It's the Transformers Prime Comic Con Bumblebee and Arcee with Raf and Jack.
    Thank you!
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Griffin was selling it cheaper this morning, but Swoop saw it first

Griffin did recommend to me doing the Hasbro Toy Shop via US on-poster seller option (which is what he did). I haven't commited to that yet, but thought it might be a way to get the SDDC Bruticus so I am thinking about it (and could go in on a group order type deal).

[I'd like Pink Arcee]

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ah ok, so a 'one podcast per day' sort of approach?
    yea kind of, especially with the wtf@tfw podcast, which I heard a callout to a Hursticon on this morning, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Sorry I couldn't find this anywhere, but does anyone know where I can get this cheaper apart from evil-bay?

http://www.transformers-prime.com/tr...3a+prime/10974

It's the Transformers Prime Comic Con Bumblebee and Arcee with Raf and Jack.
    Thank you!
    pretty much what Paulbot said.
    I have a mate in the states at the moment who I' m going to beg to get that for me, and hopefully this years SDCC exclusives as well, if they appear on the hasbro store. hopefully he's going to have some time to buy and forward to me. If I find out that he's able to send a spare or two I'll post it up in my sales thread at the time but I won't know till at least after comic con, so if you're desperate for it don't wait for me.