Thread: Review: MOTU comic

Default Review: MOTU comic

Did anyone get the first issue of the MOTU comic today?

If so, what did you think?

Although I think Pop is a good artist, somehow I feel the inking and colour process is not making the art as good as it could be.

it wasnt bad, i made a decision to get this series digitally some panels looked great and some panels dont, like all new books i will give it a couple of issues before i cast judgment
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Since Giffen can now write what he wants rather than being stuck with Robinson's moronic amnesia set-up, it's leagues better than the awful first six issues. Beautiful art, particularly the first page - Pop Mhan does establishing shots and massive crowd scenes well indeed. The only odd bit was Teela striping into her bra and panties in the corridor, Mhan's decision to draw her Dad's hand over her arse and then humping her with burning furniture.

Thanks for sharing that link mate! He manages to make the robot soldiers look menacing and not like bumbling fools in the She-Ra cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The only odd bit was Teela striping into her bra and panties in the corridor, Mhan's decision to draw her Dad's hand over her arse and then humping her with burning furniture.
    erm WOT!??

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    erm WOT!??
    I haven't seen what Skyshadow is mentioning but given where the franchise has been heading, it doesn't surprise me in the least. What I don't like about the 'new' fiction is that despite it being so childishly written, it also tries to be 'adult' in a very stupid and over the top manner. To them imposing sex and violence must make it cool and 'with it'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The only odd bit was Teela striping into her bra and panties in the corridor, Mhan's decision to draw her Dad's hand over her arse and then humping her with burning furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    erm WOT!??
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I haven't seen what Skyshadow is mentioning but given where the franchise has been heading, it doesn't surprise me in the least. What I don't like about the 'new' fiction is that despite it being so childishly written, it also tries to be 'adult' in a very stupid and over the top manner. To them imposing sex and violence must make it cool and 'with it'.

Last edited by Sharky; 22nd April 2013 at 07:01 AM.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

The quality of the MOTU comic art gets worse with each issue.

It's like they have this "I don't care about anything anymore" attitude.

I guess the upside is this is good for my wallet, since I won't be buying any more of this garbage.