Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oz comic Con

Default Oz comic Con

There is a large comic related convention this weekend in Sydney.

it's got a lot of guests from Sci Fi and Fantasy movies and Television, Comics and VO Actors.

Of note is Orlando Bloom and William Shatner,

Of very special note is Paul Eiding The voice of G1 Perceptor

I won't be going, I have too much on this weekend, but I thought I'd make sure people were aware of it, it's a pretty expensive show but should be good fun.

the con is travelling to many other capitols within Australia, check out the guest list for your local.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I am taking the family down on Sunday to check it out

You don't want to incur the wrath of Paul
    Jim Cummings also did a some (very minor) voice roles in Transformers - Afterburner, Rippersnapper, Sharkticon.

OzComicCon website for others to check out.

I just wish I was going so I could meet Shatner. Admittedly unlike Nimoy he has nothing to do with TF's but he still f'ing rocks!

My brother and I were going to go but alas my newborn has other ideas
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I just wish I was going so I could meet Shatner. Admittedly unlike Nimoy he has nothing to do with TF's but he still f'ing rocks!
    Same sentiment. I admit I'm just too lazy. Wish there were some other actors to meet aside from him.

Went with the wife (her idea as she wanted to see the Veronica Mars people).

Not a bad first effort. It was poorly layed out, not enough room for people to move between stalls, the volunteers were useless and got in the way more than anything else. The panel rooms were decently sized but due to bad planning, were very noisy which sometimes made it hard to hear the panellists.

There was a good mix of stalls, the guests were good and the location, while a pain in the butt to get to, was a nice ferry trip from Darling Harbour.

I was mostly excited to play both versions of smash brothers, stalls were all very overpriced but there were some talented artists as well.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Took the family out today and was a mix of good and bad

Worst part is it not child friendly at all as they have packed everything in so tight that kids can't move and let me tell you people don't mind knocking into children to look at things (if my kids were not watching I would have taken one smart ass' head off for elbowing my 2 year old)
    As Trunks said the staff are useless, took us 4 different people for one to know where the parents room was

There was however a good selection of stores, TF wise nothing I didn't already have but good to see someone selling Generations in Oz and MPs.
    Voyagers were not too bad with Whirl, Roadbuster etc @ $44

Picked up several Marvel Select figures and some other little things for the kids.

Wasn't interested in the guests

How was it TF wise? Any interesting stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    How was it TF wise? Any interesting stuff?
    A couple of stores had the latest TT MPs and Generations. Nothing much else except Madman had a few DVDs, picked up season 2 & 3 of animated for $20 each