Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF Club Archive Sale

Default TF Club Archive Sale

MAN I HATE THE CLUB SOMETIMES!!!!

The one day i don't check my email as soon as i get to work, they email out saying they are selling stuff thats clogging the warehouse...

Many old con exclusives were 1 item only... all gone now :-(

That is frustrating and i am disillusioned with the club but... I don't understand the rage at the club here. Were they meant to offer them to you first?

Ok, i get what you are saying and yes, missing out sure does suck!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

And as an added bonus, you won't know the item's out of stock until you click add to cart. Gotta love that set up.

i'm a bit frustrated that the two things I really wanted, look available but will not add to my cart.
    actually I'm a lot frustrated. the only two club produced things I am disappointed I missed out on at the time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I just think it is indicitive once again of the fact that they percieve it as a US TF Collectors Club - not a global one - that the email started with "I hope things are cooling down in your area". We live in Australia mate, we are just coming out of winter! Not everyone you send this email to lives in the US of A

It is an unusual thing to see, one of each - selling what looks to be the collection of one of the employees, or FunPub's own archive of everything they've ever done that is kept for future reference.

Makes you wonder if they are clearing out their archives, because they didn't get their license renewed and are just selling off everything to be done with the whole franchise (it would have been up this year, if it was a second 5-year contract).
    But... they wouldn't be pre-selling next year's subscription set if they were washing their hands of Transformers.

Shipping to here would have negated any saving too...

They are including a new, unique certificate of authenticity with each item, which they are boasting about it having a stamp/seal that is the oldest/first one Hasbro used back in 1926.
    (not that the boxset certificates ever meant anything, because the boxes aren't sealed, so there is never any way to certify that the contents are original, untampered or legit)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Makes you wonder if they are clearing out their archives, because they didn't get their license renewed and are just selling off everything to be done with the whole franchise (it would have been up this year, if it was a second 5-year contract).
    But... they wouldn't be pre-selling next year's subscription set if they were washing their hands of Transformers.

We can dream - what a wonderful thing it would be if the franchise was leased to another company!

And given their dodgy record of pocketing money they know is owed to their customers, I wouldn't put it past them to sell subscriptions that they will never fufill. Like that assisted living centre on 4 Corners that was still selling units when they knew they were getting shut down in a weeks time

Or it could just be their way of distracting people from any current negativity being raised... a bit like politicians using the media to focus on something like raising the terror threat level despite admitting that there are no new threats, just to take the focus off them trying to push the budget through the senate.

Throw out some treats, and hopefully the fandom forgets about the last of many issues being raised - or at least, too focused on the exiting short-lived event to be able to care about what else is going on at the moment.
    (a bit like magician's slight of hand - focus on the pretty assistant to not see the setting up of the trick)

They must still have items left, as I'm able to cart items that say "available" (as opposed to discontinued), but am only after one item... which isn't worth their excessive shipping.

Word is that some items had up to a dozen units, so the wording of some only having one left may have only applied to a few items.

To be fair to my earlier post, it sounds more like they sit on quite a few extras (which we see most years at the BotCon auction), making you wonder just how many sets they actually sell each year (or make, if the quoted numbers each year is just the stock they sell).

Hello Club -

I hope things are cooling down in your area! Today we begin a new sale. We are running out of room in the warehouse and we have decided to "thin" down some of the archives. We have been keeping too many of each product for future use and now it is time to reclaim the space! We have been at this for over 10 years so there is quite a bit of different items to choose from... some retail... some sold out exclusives and convention items!

However... we don't have many of any of these products! Some are the only one left!

So, to make this even more fun we are including with each of these products, the below Certificate of Authenticity which if you look closely, has the embossed 1926 Corporate Seal of Hassenfeld Bros. Inc. Providence, RI. We came across this one of a kind item from a collector. We thought you would enjoy having a commemorative print from it. This is the FIRST corporate seal that was created when they incorporated in 1926!

Check out the items now!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Or it could just be their way of distracting people from any current negativity being raised... a bit like politicians using the media to focus on something like raising the terror threat level despite admitting that there are no new threats, just to take the focus off them trying to push the budget through the senate.

Throw out some treats, and hopefully the fandom forgets about the last of many issues being raised - or at least, too focused on the exiting short-lived event to be able to care about what else is going on at the moment.
    (a bit like magician's slight of hand - focus on the pretty assistant to not see the setting up of the trick)
    I saw it as almost trolling the collectors.

"Guess what you can buy BotCon BW Megatron, SG Rodimus or G1 Seekers really cheap!"

Great I'll add those to my cart

"No you can't add that to the cart"

But it's still listed for sale...?

"It says limited qualities. Did you think we'd still have some stock?

Because the page didn't say "Sold out" and still has an add to cart button...

"Why we would we say something's sold out if we don't have any of it left. That's too much effort. Don't worry if it's sold out, you won't be able to add it your cart"