Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 47576263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Saying that, my permit expired and I have I applied for a renewal a second time. EMS gets checked very often, so no surprises if the MP-36 has been held by customs. I bought a IT Megatron, would be interesting to see if it gets seized.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Saying that, my permit expired and I have I applied for a renewal a second time. EMS gets checked very often, so no surprises if the MP-36 has been held by customs. I bought a IT Megatron, would be interesting to see if it gets seized.
    Why would you need a permit in WA?
    I thought we're the only state that doesn't require one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Nope, you need one, is free, I applied online. I had one for last year.
    The main thing is Customs whether from NSW or VIC can hold and if you tell them You have the permit, they release it. Not fussed as long as I get the toy.

This doesn't mean you get caught etc.....is very random. People could buy and no issues without applying.

I have contacted HLJ and called Auspost and Customs. Haven't heard back from HLJ yet, Auspost said its at customs but customs said they are not holding it which i believe as i haven't received any notifications from them and its apparently been there since the 9th of Feb. I am calling Auspost when i get a chance and getting them to instigate an investigation. With my history with Auspost i would not be surprised if they have it somewhere.
    Spiderken Away!

I worry with Aust post, not sure about you guys but normally I just get an apology and even sometimes unresolved matters is like they sweep it under the carpet.

Hope it goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    I have contacted HLJ and called Auspost and Customs. Haven't heard back from HLJ yet, Auspost said its at customs but customs said they are not holding it which i believe as i haven't received any notifications from them and its apparently been there since the 9th of Feb. I am calling Auspost when i get a chance and getting them to instigate an investigation. With my history with Auspost i would not be surprised if they have it somewhere.
    A few years back around Xmas I (and the rest of Gladstone) had issues with Australia Post where an item would enter the country or start at a post office somewhere else in the country, never have it's tracking updated and then months later it would be delivered. The local DC was so understaffed Australia Post had months worth of parcels piling up and Australia Post just covered it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Importing is federal (needs permit)... owning one is state (no permit needed).

Ok so I have now heard back from HLJ and called Auspost again and have been assured that the item is still with Australian Customs, however no-one seems to know what is happening with it. The very helpful Auspost lady told me that she can definitely see it in her system at Customs which is what Japan Post has told HLJ.
    Customs have yet to contact me which is strange however the Auspost lady informed me that that may be because they do not require anything from me at this point. Apparently the item may be getting assessed as to whether further action is required and that Customs will definitely contact me should they need anything.
    She was quite sure that they would not just destroy it without contacting me which is a good thing at least (unless Auspost have lost the Customs contact letter)
    I guess I now have to play the waiting game which blows because I had one of the first run on order with PC (we all know how that turned out) and then wait for a re-issue which now is delayed some more.
    I am getting sick of waiting
    Does anyone know any Aussie retailers who have a MP36 in stock still or have one they want to sell?
    Spiderken Away!

Contact your customs office.... don't play the waiting game expecting to hear from them or see your package, as they may have sent out a letter that didn't get delivered, and will destroy your package in 30 days if you don't ask for an extension (if you need to get a permit like I did for my gold Megatron).

Got my letter today from Aus Border Force that they have seized my MP36, I must be the only one it would seem. I don't know if I can be bothered going through the hassle of obtaining the permits and stuff. Might just chalk this one up to having a gamble and losing.
    Spiderken Away!