Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 45556061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Info on the direct box copy KO can be found here:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24901

In the past I would be worried about it being a KO, but TT have dropped their QC so much that even KOs have better quality these days (eg the Infinite Transformations and Toy House Factory KOs of MP-36).
    Thanks. I watched bots and bits video. The unibrow is there. I don’t really care if KO’s are good or bad, I don’t want one in my collection.
    Last edited by danny-boy; 5th February 2018 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Thanks. I watched bots and bits video. The unibrow is there. It doesn’t matter how good KO’s are, I don’t want one in my collection.
    Don't base it just on the unibrow alone though, as I heard the KO fixed that. Check the box imagery, corrugations etc...

Of course you don't want a KO in your collection, i'm just saying that don't assume TT automatically equals high QC standards anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Don't base it just on the unibrow alone though, as I heard the KO fixed that. Check the box imagery, corrugations etc...

Of course you don't want a KO in your collection, i'm just saying that don't assume TT automatically equals high QC standards anymore.
    Im used to it. I’ve been getting shoddy QC since the early MP days. Nothing this bad though. This is like an obvious KO. Need to see more feedback from tltc thread. There could be a big issue here.

I posted in the repair/fix forum. Mine has some scratches or chips as well. Two of the groin panels didn't get the speckled/sparkly finish. I got it from HLJ.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Pretty shameful for a toy over $250, I expect more care for it.

bowspearer Guest

Has anyone gotten one of the second release which doesn't have the paint-related QC issues?

I have a sealed factory case of the first release and was looking to get one of the 2nd release to display loose, but now I'm a little concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Has anyone gotten one of the second release which doesn't have the paint-related QC issues?

I have a sealed factory case of the first release and was looking to get one of the 2nd release to display loose, but now I'm a little concerned.
    Where exactly are the areas of concern?

I have a second release from HLJ (first is in Perth) and had a quick look at the chest and helmet but couldn't see anything that worried me. A friend who I also ordered for didn't have any concerns either.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have a second release from Amazon Japan and I can't fault it.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    A few people, both here and elsewhere have noted that there were paint chips and scuffing to the helmet and chest and that some of the groin plates haven't had metallic paint applied to them.

I wanted to make sure these were just cases of individual figures which slipped under the radar of the QC process, rather than issues which consistently affected the entire release.

I have a second release from HLJ (first is in Perth) and had a quick look at the chest and helmet but couldn't see anything that worried me. A friend who I also ordered for didn't have any concerns either.
    Sounds like the head and chest issues aren't endemic to the whole release. What about the issue with metallic paint not being applied to all the groin plates?

Mine has a few small scratches in the chest and uneven paint application on the groin pieces. Nothing major though. I've fixed the groin and may touch up the scratches later.