Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 506065666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I know most people want official, but there are lots of third party KO MP Megs. I wonder if they ship in robot mode, and don't have him pictured in gun mode? Just a thought.

I still have my original MP Megatron (the first) and so didn't see the point in buying a second release. But sympathies for those who got siezed.
    I let you know, my IT Megatron just arrived in the parcel locker today. Hence it wasn't a problem and random check.

Also they dont really open the box, so the picture may not be relevant.
    Parcels are put through xray machines i think. and opened if they have doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I just looked up this info on non-firing replica weapons for Qld.

https://www.police.qld.gov.au/progra...s/replicas.htm

Am I understanding this right? "NO weapons license is required"?
    I needed one to retrieve megs from customs when he first came out, so does that mean that I could buy him now and not need to fill out any paperwork? He would be a category H for handgun
    I believe you still need to apply for paper work for it to enter Australia just like WA. If yours got stopped, and customs asked for papers, and you just show the approve or even application form that you applied.

(Please avoid promoting KOs here or talking about them in a favourable way.)

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I believe you still need to apply for paper work for it to enter Australia just like WA. If yours got stopped, and customs asked for papers, and you just show the approve or even application form that you applied.
    So is this the importation permit you're talking about? It calls it a B709DA
    https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/...ation-firearms

I have found the online application for Queensland residents, if it is of use to anyone https://www.police.qld.gov.au/apps/r.../importpermit/

It also says that you can apply even if seizedby Border Force as long as you attach the seizure notice. Hope that helps someone!

Since reading this thread, I've watched a YouTube review of the newer MP36.
    I can now clearly see why you're all excited, even if I am a year late to the party.
    He has more than one face? And a battle damaged chest? Going to have to track him down
    Last edited by reillyd; 16th March 2018 at 10:05 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

bowspearer Guest

Speaking of MP-36, anyone seen this?

The It Megatron, is in robot mode. The box has no pictures of it in gun mode.
    It includes the English canon .

I still like the finished on tt. For review you can search them on YouTube as I am not promoting any non official in this thread.

Guys, just a reminder, KO and 3P are not allowed outside of the Unauthorised Transformers Products sub-forum.

I think it is constructive to talk about KOs in regard to why one passed through customs undetected while an official MP-36 did not.

As an extension to this, would a loose official MP-36 pass customs? For example, Robotoybase is quite happy to send items loose in order to save money on shipping. Would customs pick up on this? Particularly if bundled with other loose items?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I think it is constructive to talk about KOs in regard to why one passed through customs undetected while an official MP-36 did not.

As an extension to this, would a loose official MP-36 pass customs? For example, Robotoybase is quite happy to send items loose in order to save money on shipping. Would customs pick up on this? Particularly if bundled with other loose items?
    They pass through an xray scanner, if they recognize the silhouette its pinged, that said whoever is checking who may not know of mp36 or is feeling lazy on the job may miss him during a scan among a pile of other goods.

But random checks are a thing, I had a model kit I ordered from Japan opened, they put a cut mark in the kit's box and clearly dove their hand into the kit's contents, like a gun smaller than a tr deluxe thats not even built could hurt someone, sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    They pass through an xray scanner, if they recognize the silhouette its pinged, that said whoever is checking who may not know of mp36 or is feeling lazy on the job may miss him during a scan among a pile of other goods.

But random checks are a thing, I had a model kit I ordered from Japan opened, they put a cut mark in the kit's box and clearly dove their hand into the kit's contents, like a gun smaller than a tr deluxe thats not even built could hurt someone, sheesh
    Yeah, for sure there's the luck of the draw on whether you get a worker who's competent or not.

It'll be interesting to see going forward whether more MP-36's get held up or not.