Page 33 of 467 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334353637384353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

What about some of the more kiddy (but still surprisingly hard) DOS games? Commander Keen series, Jazz Jackrabbit (sonic ripoff) or even Jill of the Jungle?

Looking forward to playing SoulSilver in full English!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    What about some of the more kiddy (but still surprisingly hard) DOS games? Commander Keen series, Jazz Jackrabbit (sonic ripoff) or even Jill of the Jungle?

Looking forward to playing SoulSilver in full English!
    Got all Commander Keen, as well as Captain Comic, Jazz Jackrabbit as well
    God Jill of the Jungle, I haven't played that in so long ay, I gotta try hunt that one down as well. CK was difficult, I remember swearing at the computer alot of times because it was hard, when I recentley played them lol. Captain Comic is difficult as well, but god they are fun. Damn I wish they would release all these retro games for Windows XP or something.

The game I want them to release the most is Star Wars: X-wing, and/or Tie-fighter, those were awesome fight sims. I feel old just thinking about all of this

Half-way through chapter 7 (I think) of FFXIII

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Damn I wish they would release all these retro games for Windows XP or something.

The game I want them to release the most is Star Wars: X-wing, and/or Tie-fighter, those were awesome fight sims. I feel old just thinking about all of this
    The amount of effort I went to so I could play early Ultima games was incredible! I had the game, then I dl'ed DOSbox (dos emulator) then since I didn't know any DOs commands, I had to get Dos shell. 2 progs for a game from the 80's! But it works a treat and can run on Vista as well.

Luckily for me there is a good prg for Ultima VII called Exult which does a great job of running it on newer computers. Then I discovered Ultima V Lazarus which uses the Dungeon siege game to play through Ultima 5. Nicely done as well, and its free (but you have to have a copy of Dungeon siege.)

Pokemon SoulSilver gets released in just over a week.

Ohmygodiamsoexcited. I plan to get a copy the day of release (not too hard as uni is right next to a major shopping centre), and play it as soon as I get home.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Way ahead of you. Got them comming from play-asia as we speak
    I'd forgotten about them. Less than $50 delivered. Sweet. Save like $20 over local prices each game.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    Pokemon SoulSilver gets released in just over a week.

Ohmygodiamsoexcited. I plan to get a copy the day of release (not too hard as uni is right next to a major shopping centre), and play it as soon as I get home.
    When you get home? Shame on you for not playing it as soon as they hand it to you.

EDIT: Oh yea, um, how are we supposed to transfer our Arceus over to these new games? We need a 2nd DS don't we?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    EDIT: Oh yea, um, how are we supposed to transfer our Arceus over to these new games? We need a 2nd DS don't we?
    Or have a friend who will sit for the freaking hours it takes to trade!

Pikachu coloured Pichu is available via Nintendo WF for Platinum/Pearl/Diamond, to then trade across to SoulSilver and HeartGold to get a special coloured (and special moves)Pikachu.
    Kinda pointless but okay...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

C&C 4 - its bad lol you need to peristently online to play solo missions and there is a chatbox for everyone guh

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I'd forgotten about them. Less than $50 delivered. Sweet. Save like $20 over local prices each game.
    Actually worked out to be about $55 each delivered. Still saves money AND I get them early
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I want to place a rather late preorder for Resonance of Fate, due out next week, for the bonus Soundtrack CD (even though I won't have time to play). Been a fan of tri-Ace's JRPGs since their Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean series. Problem is, I don't know which version to get, Xbox or PS3...