View Poll Results: AA Tomahawk - worth buying?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 61.90%
  • Only if cheap

5 23.81%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Not interested

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - AA Tomahawk

A helicopter mould is bound to have the obligatory redecos over the next few years... Green (Springer), blue (Whirl, maybe Rotorstorm), yellow/orange (Evac), red (Blades).

At least this one started out with a new name/character like Blackout, Blazemaster and Cyb Evac did, before their moulds were redeco-ed to death.

(Blazemaster seems to be an exception though, with redeco Tailwhip being a non-homage redeco).

what is the little hook for, on the upper blade piece that makes the tail?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looks straight out of energon. I thought it was at first.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Okay, now I have it. One of my most anticipated figures of 2010.

It's an absolutely cracking mold. Copter mode is really nice, bristling with detail and weaponry (and hey, a poseable sensor pod!). Robot mode is great - poseable and lots of play value with various weapons. It stands well and the rotors on the back don't really flap about (one of my pet peeves about helicopter transformers).

My only criticism is that the colours are different to the packaging - promotional photos have a lot more dark blue and a lot less of the bland brown plastic. Minor gripe though. It's a fantastic figure. Get it. Now.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    It's a fantastic figure. Get it. Now.
    I would have last week but stupid target have a stupid price match policy ;-;

I unpacked Tomahawk this morning and I have too say
    he's pretty sweet...but...I'm not really liking the headsculpt...

Looks too friendly and happy too me...

A Whirl retool/redeco would rock my world...

Decepticon Guest

He is a cool figure. My only gripe is the ball joints on his legs/hips are very loose. May need a hip replacement eventually

I like the head sculpt -- I was expecting it to have a half-grin thing judging from the stock photo on the back of the card, but upon closer examination I think the mouth is meant to be a neutral expression, but I think the sculpting isn't very 'clean' and perhaps set at a slight angle so that when I look at the toy from one side he appears to be grinning, but then when I look from another angle the grin is gone. It's kinda like that trick you do with cash where you fold it in a way where you can make the person on the note smile or frown depending on which angle you look at it. But the mouth doesn't appear to be intentionally sculpted with a grin unlike say Animated Bumlebee.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous
    A Whirl retool/redeco would rock my world...
    I'd rather see a CHUGU Whirl based on his IDW form.

But something interesting to note is that the photo of Tomahawk posted by griffin in post #1 shows a different head from the actual toy (or is it just the photography?). The instructions also show this toy with a different head which, to me, looks sinister. So my guess is that Hasbro's planning on some Decepticon retool/repaint in the future for this toy.

For anyone who hasn't seen this toy yet, the actual head looks like this:
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/bd/TF...y-Tomahawk.jpg
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1282972512.jpg <--undoctored pics
    http://ameblo.jp/jay4916/entry-10642337848.html <--has close-up pics of the face

Quote Originally Posted by jaina85
    what is the little hook for, on the upper blade piece that makes the tail?
    I believe it's a sling load single cargo hook, capable of lifting up to 1500kg.

https://www.eurocopter.com/site/en/r...stics_895.html <--this information is for the EC645 whereas Tomahawk transforms into the EC665 - so there may be a difference in load capacity, but I purpose of the hook is probably the same.

I think Soundwarp might be the most qualified person here to answer this question.

I'd rather see a CHUGU Whirl based on his IDW form.
    Well...I'm sure we all would...

The instructions also show this toy with a different head which, to me, looks sinister. So my guess is that Hasbro's planning on some Decepticon retool/repaint in the future for this toy.
    Yeah...Terradive has the same "retool/repaint instructions preview"
    thing going on...and I think War for Cybertron Bumblebee was the same.

The head in the picture that griff posted is the normal head, just looking downwards
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.