Thread: PSN

Default PSN

Can I be logged onto my psn and have a mate log onto my psn as well and both be online with the same account? Also what if He logs in to download the maps then signs out. Will the maps still download if his not signed onto the account?

you can share downloaded games (I give my mate a copy of all the PSN games I buy) not sure about maps etc, I wouldn't do it both online at the same time though, sony might get sus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    you can share downloaded games (I give my mate a copy of all the PSN games I buy) not sure about maps etc, I wouldn't do it both online at the same time though, sony might get sus.
    Yeah I knew that but I was wondering if u can log on both @ the same time. BTW u can only download the maps something like 6 times then done, you can't download them anymore lol.

I really doubt you can

It logs the other person off
    Downloads don't stop if you're not logged into PSN though, they will continue as long as your PS3 is connected to the internet. (Just to make it clear, you DO NOT have to be logged in for your PS3 to be downloading)

ie, you can download something off a friends store account, then they can log in (forcing a log out on you) and it keeps downloading.

Also, you can have your PSN account REGISTERED onto 5 PS3's.
    That means you can have your DLC on 5 different PS3's (for example, friends share DLC)
    That being said, you can unregister a PS3 from your account, which removes all the DLC off that PS3. Then you can register it to another PS3 and start the downloading all over again! (Y)

But does that mean the DLC content can then only be used while logged in as that other person, or is it accessible on your console through all users registered on that console?

Griff, some DLC is locked exclusively to the PSN ID... so only that particular account can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    But does that mean the DLC content can then only be used while logged in as that other person, or is it accessible on your console through all users registered on that console?
    Generally all of them, as it is saved to your HDD.
    Like Saintly said though, some are locked. (for example, an online pass for need for speed hot pursuit)