Sub-line - Beast Hunters
    Size/class - Voyager
    Wave - 3
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - June 2013
    Approximate Retail Price - $40
    Approximate Size - 17cm
    Allegiance - Predacon
    Alt-mode - Ursagryph (so apparently a cross between a bear and a gryphon)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Blackbeak (see "Main Accessories")
    Main Colours - light green, dark green, dark grey
    Main Accessories - grapple launcher

The sculpt on this toy is great. It works really well to make this character look big, bulky and beefy. In creature mode, the body becomes somewhat more slimmed (though the hand legs remain stocky); the downside to this is that waist articulation has been sacrificed to allow the lower body section to elongate in creature mode. The glyphs sculpted along parts of the body looks nice too, and the colours work well with each other. While the transformation is essentially a stand up quadruped, they have tried a few neat things to make the transformation more distinctive. The beak can actually open and close, which is a neat touch.

The creature mode is meant to be what Hasbro calls an "Ursagryph" - ursa being Latin for "bear," so it seems to be a sort of gryphon/bear Fuzor. Exactly which part of it is a bear is beyond me. :/ Unlike proper Fuzors, it's a purely mechanical creature mode... that just looks like a robotic gryphon to me.

However there are a few things I'm not terribly fond of with this toy:
    * The wings are essentially a solid piece. I wish they could retract/expand more (like say on G1 Divebomb)
    * The shoulders don't lock in. Fortunately the nature of the design means there's little space for the shoulders to move about (unlike say on Deluxe Movie Brawl or MP Lambor ). But a simple tab/hole lock would've done wonders to improve this.
    * The head/neck section of the creature that forms the core of the body needs to lock in better too. It's not weak per se, but they could've done something to make it more solid. Also the instructions don't clearly show you how to lock it in properly - you need to open the beak slightly and have have the upper mandible clips out in front, and the lower mandible tucks inside (so the ridge actually goes inside the beak). From there, push down on the neck section, and that should lock it in. It's not the strongest of locks, but it's not pathetically weak either. If anyone knows of a better way to lock it in, please LMK!
    * Blackbeak's weapon post isn't thick enough, so Grimwing can't even wield him properly. It sits in the hand very loosely.

"Wazzzpinator lifts!"

Overall as nice as this toy looks, it has some drawbacks as an action figure. I cannot say that this toy is really worth the Voyager price point. So I'd only recommend it if you happen to be collecting the Predacons and you can find this toy at a relatively cheap price. Definitely don't pay above RRP for it.

I like the color of this figure. I like green.
    Im a bit disappointed on how the wings are not so poseable. As for the weapon, well he can't hold it firmly so I peg mine to the forearm holes - I think they meant it for such purpose but it is disappointing as well that he holds onto his TM partner quite loosely. The back cover for Blackbeak easily comes off as well.

Transformation wise, well, I wish they made a better articulation and contortion for his hind legs. The transformation from robot legs to creature hind legs is really non challenging at all, just break/fold it down on several points viola!

Oh and one more thing I wish they made some sort of Neck articulation in creature mode coz it's got none at all. For a voyager this is just disappointing.

All in all Its staying in creature mode for me.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I've loved all the Predacons in the BH line so far ("stand up and fiddle with limbs" transformations don't bother me and I really dig mechanical beasts, especially dragons and gryphons) so I had to get this guy.

He's good. I like the colours, I like the face sculpt and general details. I like the proportions in robot mode, though gryphon mode is a little beefy in places. Blackbeak sucks but what can you do.

I like the toy. I do, but I really, really (really!) wish he had more tabs and clicks and locks. In robot mode, his entire upper body just kind of... sits. It's more or less held to together by gravity and favour of the gods. It works as long as you don't play with him, but his whole upper assembly will come apart at the slightest provocation. Even the lock of the beak onto the chest feels coincidental rather than by design.

Shame really, he's otherwise one of my favourites of the line so far.

Don't own this toy yet, but looking at his robot mode makes me wanna go get it. Love the way his wings sit up behind his back and the gryphon head comes down his chest in this mode. Colour scheme is pretty good too. Hopefully I'll be able to pick this guy up for a good price.

That is the most Playskool GoBot Transformer in a decade.

The Ursa/ bear likeness is pretty much in the torso and the long limbs although it does have an almost lion like appearance.

I like this guy but the fact that the torso doesn't lock in robot mode is a let down. I do like that you can flip the wings up so it's similar to BW Silverbolt.

However, I do wish this guy came with a big old sword.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    The Ursa/ bear likeness is pretty much in the torso and the long limbs although it does have an almost lion like appearance.

I like this guy but the fact that the torso doesn't lock in robot mode is a let down. I do like that you can flip the wings up so it's similar to BW Silverbolt.

However, I do wish this guy came with a big old sword.
    Yep. Looks pretty good holding BH Prime's green starsabre. Probably look better with a more mediaeval sword.